View Full Version : How to transfer MP3's and pics onto Ipaq 1935?

foosball_monkey
03-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a duplicate question. I was wondering: I just got my new secure digital memory card for my HP Ipaq 1935, and I don't know how to transfer pics and mp3's onto my PDA. Do I have to have a card reader? Or can I just throw the files I want into the directory that is synced up?

Thanks,
Carolyn

dhettel
03-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Really depends on how you would like to do it. :wink: You can drop a copy in your sync folder, and then move the ones you want to keep, to your SD card using the PDA.

You could also buy a copy of Resco File Explore, this includes a send to option on your PC. So then you could right click on the file on your PC, and use the send to option to send them to any folder on your PDA. :) That is what I chose to do. I can send one file, a selection of files from one folder, or a group of folders to my PDA.

Microsoft also sells a program call Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition, you might want to take a look at this, it will sync your music, as well as files it can download from the web.

All of these are other options than buying a card reader.

foosball_monkey
03-28-2004, 07:47 AM
Hey dhettel!

Thanks for your post. I tried to drop the jpegs into the sync folder, but they don't sync. However, mp3's that I drop into the same folder DO sync. ????????????? What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Carolyn

dhettel
03-28-2004, 07:57 AM
What happens when you try to sync?
Do you get an error message?
What happens if you open My Computer/ My Device/My Pocket PC/ and drag and drop, or copy and paste?

Darius Wey
03-29-2004, 04:46 AM
Using a USB2 card reader is often a faster method.

I found sometimes using the Sync method can create probs - sometimes you get errors when trying to open some files.

I recommend u get a card reader - u can get one of them 6-in-1 card readers cheaper than how much u pay for your meals in a day!

Jon Westfall
03-29-2004, 04:49 AM
To clarify the last part of
dhettel's remarks: In Windows XP, you can also connect your PDA through activesync, then navigate through My computer to "Mobile Device", then "My Pocket PC" and then "Storage Card" Drop files on that to have them written directly to the SD card.

Trimac20
03-29-2004, 05:16 AM
Its simple...

1. Copy the files you want to sent to your ipaq

2. In Activesync open the 'Explore' button link

3. Go to My Device -> Storage Card and paste the desired files (ie.
you are copying the files). I find it convenient to create a seperate folder for file types: eg. Audio, Images, Documents.etc.

Btw, you can use your ipaq (when it is connected to the cradle) as an SD Card Reader if you have a Digicam, Smartphone.etc anything that uses SD-storage.

Jon Westfall
03-29-2004, 05:21 AM
I think we've now said absolutly every method and varient of transferring files to our PPC's aside from ....

1. Open up a webhosting account (at a good provider, such as www.bugjr.com)

2. Upload your files to your webspace, but make sure they are zipped with a password if they are copyrighted so only you can get into them.

3. Connect your IPaq through wireless or wired means (perhaps through your cell phone?)

4. Download the zip file and unzip using Total Commander.

There... only 4 simple steps!

(please see the sarcasm above)

foosball_monkey
04-05-2004, 07:18 PM
I can transfer files successfully by dropping them in directly using Windows XP explorer on the Mobile Device (i.e., my PDA). However I still can't see the jpeg files I transfer over. The mp3 files I can see and access, but the image files I'm still having problems with. Maybe I should just get a card reader?????????? AIEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)