View Full Version : Toshiba e800 & e805 discontinued in the US.

wsegard
03-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Appearently Toshiba is discontinuing the e800 & e805 in the USA. I have an extended warrenty with CompUSA on my Toshiba e755 which is having screen problems and since they no longer carry the e755 I would be entitled to get an e805 except that they discontinued carrying them. I have called Toshiba Sales and Shop Toshiba and they both confirm that it has been discotinued. They just say it has outlived it's sales potnetial and do not know what if anything is replacing it. According to another forum on another site (PocketPC Tools) one of the poster's suggest it may just be a paperwork problem with the FCC and that they are still being sold in Europe and Canada. Has anybody heard anything else?

Post Quoted:
Back on the e800 topic, there is now a post on BH stating that the e800 is only temporarily discontinued in the US because of an issue with the paperwork filed with the FCC. And the post is backed up with some research tending to show it is not discontinued in Europe or Canada. Seems like a reasonable possibility that may be the truth.

Janak Parekh
03-19-2004, 06:03 AM
I haven't heard any official news confirmations yet, so I hope it's not discontinued as well. It would be a really short lifetime for the device...

--janak

adean
03-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Available in Australia/NZ. Called Toshiba, not discontinued. Ordered one today. :D Will also get the Win2003 update free when it's available. :D

misha24
04-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Available in Australia/NZ. Called Toshiba, not discontinued. Ordered one today. :D Will also get the Win2003 update free when it's available. :D

Well it might be available in Australia but I just called Toshiba and checked every link except PCMall and nobody has any. A toshiba rep on the 800# for sales said it has been discontiniued they might have something in April. This might also effect the users currently that have E800 and are waiting for the Windwos 2003SE patch or upgrade. I think if they lowered the price it would sell more.

Michael

TJNoff
04-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Odd. The e800 series is the "sponsored product" in the April 2 weekly PPC Thoughts Digest! :?