View Full Version : senao drivers not working?

tRiBaLmUnKy
03-19-2004, 12:51 AM
I searched on this forum on directions installing senao drivers on my ambicom cf plugged into my iPAQ 2210, i followed the directions up to the point windows complains about this is an unindentifed card and im supposed to select the wlannds.dll, but nothing comes up when i plug the card back in, anyway to fix this?

Mark_Venture
03-22-2004, 04:43 AM
... but nothing comes up when i plug the card back in, anyway to fix this?
Not sure I follow... So you loaded the Senao drivers on your iPAQ. Inserted the Ambicom card for the first time and type the wlannds.dll in the "Unrecognized card" box and clicked OK. THats good...

Keep in mind, if you did that correctly, and typed the name for a driver to use (and it is found), you will never get asked again.

From that point its a matter of configuring the card's settings to connect to your access point (i.e. configuring the Wi-Fi connection via Start -> Settings -> Connections -> Connections -> Advanced -> Network Card) However, if your access point is setup to broadcast SSID and WEP is disabled, then WM2003's "zero config" should prompt you that a new network is available and connect you atomatically.

tRiBaLmUnKy
03-22-2004, 08:13 AM
... but nothing comes up when i plug the card back in, anyway to fix this?
Not sure I follow... So you loaded the Senao drivers on your iPAQ. Inserted the Ambicom card for the first time and type the wlannds.dll in the "Unrecognized card" box and clicked OK. THats good...

Keep in mind, if you did that correctly, and typed the name for a driver to use (and it is found), you will never get asked again.

From that point its a matter of configuring the card's settings to connect to your access point (i.e. configuring the Wi-Fi connection via Start -> Settings -> Connections -> Connections -> Advanced -> Network Card) However, if your access point is setup to broadcast SSID and WEP is disabled, then WM2003's "zero config" should prompt you that a new network is available and connect you atomatically.

no, i never got the unrecognized card box to begin with, it would go as if nothing happened except the light of the card would not turn on

Mark_Venture
03-22-2004, 07:07 PM
no, i never got the unrecognized card box to begin with, it would go as if nothing happened except the light of the card would not turn on
Hmm...

Do a backup via iPAQ backup to a memory card to save for later....

With the Ambicom card removed from the iPAQ do a HARD RESET (please make sure you did a backup first if you want to save anything on the device!!!). Install the Senao drivers to the iPAQ. Do a soft reset. Then insert the card. Do you get the unrecognized card pop-up?

If that does not work.... With the Ambicom card removed from the iPAQ do another hard reset. Install the Ambicom drivers then soft reset. Insert the card. what happens? Does the light on the card turn on? blink? or do anything? If no, you might have a bad card.

If that still doesn't work, you can restore your backup now to put your device back where it was before you hard reset to continue working.

tRiBaLmUnKy
03-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Hmm...

Do a backup via iPAQ backup to a memory card to save for later....

With the Ambicom card removed from the iPAQ do a HARD RESET (please make sure you did a backup first if you want to save anything on the device!!!). Install the Senao drivers to the iPAQ. Do a soft reset. Then insert the card. Do you get the unrecognized card pop-up?

If that does not work.... With the Ambicom card removed from the iPAQ do another hard reset. Install the Ambicom drivers then soft reset. Insert the card. what happens? Does the light on the card turn on? blink? or do anything? If no, you might have a bad card.

If that still doesn't work, you can restore your backup now to put your device back where it was before you hard reset to continue working.

well the ambicom drivers are fine, i've been running on them the past week, but i just want to use the senao drivers because I don't want to pull out the card out/slightly out to turn it off...

ah well i'd rather not do a hard boot, so i guess ill deal with the ambicom drivers for now...

thanks for your help though