View Full Version : Help! I lost my SD Card in my X3i

VanHlebar
03-18-2004, 10:04 PM
I just purchased a new 1GB SanDisk SD Card. Well it arrived today in the office and so I wanted to transfer all of my data from my 512MB SD Card over to the 1GB Card. I copied all the data thru Active Sync over to my desktop and then I swapped out the cards. Now my X3i doesn't see any Storage Card in it. I have tried putting either card in the slot and I get nothing. Even the old card now is not showing up. I have tried soft-resetting the device and still no luck.

As a last resort I even tried a hard reset and I still can't see either card when it is inserted. Anyone else ever have this issue? Anyone have any ideas of how I can fix it?

Thanks,
-Eric

ctmagnus
03-19-2004, 01:04 AM
First of all, I'd suggest getting a card reader for transfering data to the card/iPaq from the desktop - data transfer will be much, much faster.

That said, I'd suggest (re)formatting the card and trying again.

VanHlebar
03-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Yeah.. I have a card reader at home. I just had the card shipped to the office with some other office equipment and wanted to get it in the unit yesterday. I hadn't thought about reformatting the card, but that will have to wait now until I get back home tonight, as I don't have any way to see the card right now in the X3i and no reader here in the office. I will give it a shot when I get back home and see if it works.

As it stands, Dell is shipping me a new unit as hard resets, soft resets and the ROM upgrade didn't work. :(

Thanks,
-Eric

VanHlebar
03-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Just a quick update. For everyone's complaining about Dells support, mine included I wanted to actually post something good.

I called Dell last night at about 5pm EST to get my X3i unit replaced for the bad SD Slot. Well I was expecting not to get the replacement until sometime Monday or Tuesday. I have the replacement unit in my hand as I type this (well not literally) :D I can't belive it! Just over 15 hours after placing a phone call I have the replacement!

Anyway now to see if it fixes my problem.

-Eric

americaneagle
04-15-2004, 04:00 AM
I have been thinking about getting one for my mother. Grin, she said it would never happen but now she is becoming slowly but surely a convert.

Do you like it? Is the screen bright and was it worth the buy? Any dislikes?

:D

Flynn Arrowstarr
05-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi, americaneagle. :)

I have an Axim X3 Advanced, and I really like it. The screen is bright and clear, and the overall performance is very nice. I haven't had any problems with mine in the 6 months since I ordered it. I recently purchased a couple of 128 mb SD cards for it (one from Kodak, one from Kingmax).

Honestly, about the only thing I could say I dislike about the Axim X3 is the lack of a CF card slot, but that's more a personal dislike. :D

Flynn

joelw135
05-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I had an X3i that after I purchased a new 512 MB SD card refused to find either card. I too had it replaced. Seems there have been a number of units that have had slots that have failed. So far my new replacement is working fine.