View Full Version : MS Voice Command software outside the USA???

cruro02
03-18-2004, 05:51 AM
Anyone got any ideas why MS won't sell their Voice Command software outside the USA... What is it, does uncle Bill think no one outside the USA owns a PPC or speaks English??

Anyone have any idea how I might get a copy here in Australia??

Cheers

cruro02
03-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Anyone???? :(

ebadger
03-22-2004, 08:25 PM
This is due to the fact that MS cannot gaurantee the user experience will be good with all dialects and accents. Look for a UK english version coming soon.

cruro02
03-23-2004, 01:08 AM
Given the range of accents within the USA if this is the reason, then MS have a very narrow view of the world. If this is the case, there must be a lot of annoyed users across the USA....

cruro02
03-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Got a reply back from MS Australia regarding this: -

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Microsoft Voice Command.
The first version of Voice Command has been tailored for US speech and therefore is not being made available in Australia. We have no timeline on a version which will be made availabe here. Please refer to the following Microsoft Australia Homepage for future release of Microsoft software in Australia"

"Tailored to US speech" - which part of the US?? as I said before, given the range of accents in the US..... what a crock..

As it turns out I've managed (by devious means) to get a copy :lol: , and suprise suprise, it works fine with my Aus/Kiwi (NZ) accent... - so much for "tailored for US speech... :roll: