View Full Version : Problem with tap&hold with joypad

g.arcinotti
03-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Hy all,

This morning arrived my new ppc a beatyful 2210 from UK (I'm Italian) and after a little play time with the new device I noticed a problem.
I was going to try the cool feature of Dial over BT in the Contact list but when I try the tap&hold by pressing along the action button I see that doesn't work... it only open the contact just like the normal single pression.
Over messenger I discover that also 2 friends of mine with the same model of ppc has the same problem... :(
Does anibody has this same problem on this model of iPAQ or is the normal way of work of new joypad?
For now I set the Itask button for reply this function but is not the solution of the problem.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion or alternative :idea:

g.arcinotti
03-20-2004, 12:21 AM
UP ;)
Nobody can help me ?
I posted this same message on the Italian PPC NG but also the MVP cannot answer me.
Come on get some ideas out of your brain :D

Sven Johannsen
03-20-2004, 12:32 AM
That appears to be normal, neither my 4155 or 2215 effect a tap and hold with a joypad press and hold. Just doesn't seem to work that way.

Mark Kenepp
03-20-2004, 01:51 AM
That appears to be normal, neither my 4155 or 2215 effect a tap and hold with a joypad press and hold. Just doesn't seem to work that way.

If I recall, my HP Jornada 568 advertised that the tap and hold was possible with the d-pad (I don't remember if I read it in the manual, in a review or where) but in reality, tap and hold did not work with the d-pad.

QYV
03-20-2004, 04:26 AM
The new ROM update posted yesterday fixes this!! I am so excited, because I used the "tap and hold" all the time on my old Axim, and now the 2200 finally does it too!

g.arcinotti
03-20-2004, 08:40 PM
The new ROM update posted yesterday fixes this!! I am so excited, because I used the "tap and hold" all the time on my old Axim, and now the 2200 finally does it too!

Yesssssss.
Thanks a lot QYV for this info.
I wanna use the tap&hold with only one hand now for the dialing over Bluetooth (it's a great features for me, especially when you aren't in you office or when you don't have the phone number on the phone) and so much other way's of tapping&holding that I used with my old 3630.
Gonna do the update as soon as possible and post this over italian PocketPC NG :mrgreen:
Byez

g.arcinotti
03-23-2004, 01:18 AM
Thanks again, i've installed the update and now my joypad work fine.
Now going to see something more about the font color of today caracter and then I'm ok.
Thank you again :mrgreen:
Byezz