View Full Version : 2215 doesn't turn back on when I press the power button!

Jon
03-16-2004, 06:52 AM
I have to soft reset the thing to get it to turn on. Any thoughts? Please help!

antondubina
03-16-2004, 08:09 AM
I have to soft reset the thing to get it to turn on. Any thoughts? Please help!

Well, this might be not very helpful, but I had such issues with my iPaq 2210. After two or three such power-ons with soft-reset, this problem disappeared magically! :roll:

Jon
03-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Well, that's interesting...I have actually done at least a dozen soft resets and still no change.

I'll bet I have to send it back for a servicing. And I really need that thing to run presentations for my business too.

Steven Cedrone
03-16-2004, 03:29 PM
You could try backing it up and doing a hard reset...

Steve

ctitanic
03-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Somebody pointed me to this information a while ago. (www.pc-counselor.com/h221x.htm)

DOCUMENT NUMBER: MH030605_CW01 REVISION: 0
iPAQ Pocket PC h2200 Series may require a Normal Reset to power-on the device
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RELEASE DATE: June 2003
DESCRIPTION
After removing the iPAQ Pocket PC h2200 Series from the packaging and inserting the main battery, the device may not automatically power-on after connecting the device to A/C power. You may also experience this after the device has received a Full Reset.
The Getting Started guide that ships with your iPAQ Pocket PC provides the following instructions:
STEP 1: Install the battery
STEP 2: Charge the unit
SCOPE
All iPAQ Pocket PC h2200 Series.
RESOLUTION
HP has updated the initial start-up instructions and included an Addendum card inside all future shipping iPAQ Pocket PC h2200 Series. This card provides instructions of the change in the installation steps. You are instructed to perform a Normal Reset * prior to connecting the device to A/C power.

* Normal Reset? This term is confuse and it seems to me that they wanted to say a Soft Reset.

Jon
03-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Just tried the hartd reset, but as soon as I re-cradled it and turned it off, it would not come back on when th epower button was pushed. Doesn't look promising.

bigkingfun
03-17-2004, 01:46 AM
I've got a 4150 and had a similar problem. My problem turned out to be software related. I had an old version of the HP folding keyboard driver installed, and it was causing problems. I updated it with the newest version and it solved my problem.

Do you have any software installed other than the built-in apps? If so, it could be that something is a little flaky. If you do have any additional software installed, I would try a hard reset then don't install anything at all and see if the problem is still there.