View Full Version : I feel stupid that I don't know the answer but....

KenClunk
03-16-2004, 02:12 AM
Okay so I am sure many people already have this set up and it is probably a question that deserves a duh :confused totally: response but how do I set up my inbox on my pocket pc to sync. Just recently i have developed an intrest having the e-mail on the go. I have a hotmail account, and in Outlook it automatically configures the Pop3 and all those settings. Any idea what the settings are for the hotmail account. Also is there a way to sync saved e-mail that i have in a folder in outlook. Thank ahead of time. :way to go:

senfeng
03-16-2004, 04:28 AM
I'm not sure that Pocket Inbox can check hotmail accounts (not entirely sure), but there are apps that do this.

I ran across this one when I was looking for an alternative to Inbox:
HTTPMail (http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&jid=5CC61983A2886D3BA1DB5CFFB9141B4B&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=79010&sectionId=0&catalog=30)

It's not free, but its only $5. If you click on the Software link on the homepage and do a search for 'Hotmail', you'll find others.

Hope this helps :D

Ryan Joseph
03-16-2004, 03:39 PM
If Outlook can check your Hotmail email, then it can be synced. You need to be using Outlook and not Outlook Express, though.

To do this, open activesync and edit the settings. I'm not at my computer now, so I'm not entirely sure where the setting is, but somewhere in there there's an option to snyc email. You can change settings like how many old emails it syncs, whether to snyc attachments, etc. When I get home, I'll look up the actual process.

ironguy
03-16-2004, 04:12 PM
You can't sync HOtmail directly from Outlook to your PPC. The Hotmail folder is NOT included in the Outlook part of Active Sync. The $5 program mentioned will do the trick though.

Ryan Joseph
03-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Really? Then I stand corrected. I thought AS could sync anything in Outlook. I don't use Hotmail, so I've never tried...I just assumed. That was my first mistake. :?

KenClunk
03-16-2004, 11:29 PM
First off thanks for the info I was afraid of that exact thing. :mecry: I haven't looked at that program yet but it sounds like what I need. I don't understand why outlook would be able to do this but not the PPC. Then again outlook has been updated periodically well the PPC has not. Maybe they should include this in WM2004 they want everyone to have everything through Microsoft anyways right?

I LOVE MICROSOFT SO MUCH THEY DONT MISS A BEAT.
:ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove: :ppclove:
(It is hard to type sarcastically)