View Full Version : Where's my wallpaper?

Trimac20
03-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Wanting a new wallpaper (background) for my Pocket PC's today screen I attempted to download a 'theme' from pocketpcthemes.com. But when I downloaded it to my desktop it was in some unrecognised file format. I subsequently saved it onto my Pocket PCs internal memory but it didn't seem to recognise it. Do I need some sort of app or file reader to recognise the theme file? Which has an extension like .tk or something?

I also tried saving a few images (which were 240 x 320 pixels in size) in JPEG format on the SD Card. But when I went to Today -> Background -> Browse and checked in the folder 'Storage Card' I did not save it in any created folder - it was not there. But I could see other JPEG files saved in the main memory. I then proceeded to move the images to the 'My Documents' folder on the main memory but to no avail. Could anyone help? Thanks.

Stone
03-14-2004, 09:22 AM
First you must copy the .tsk files to your device via ActiveSync. You can do this by opening ActiveSync and clicking "Explore". Copy them into either the My Documents or Windows folder - My Documents is the folder that opens when you click Explore.

Then click Start > Settings > Today and select the theme you wish to use. Click OK, and see the new theme on your Today screen.

arnage2
03-14-2004, 04:18 PM
you can use a picture if you wish. deselect one of the chackmarks in the today folder, and you can select your own picture

Trimac20
03-15-2004, 05:34 AM
Thanks, I'll try that. Although its hardly worth resizing essentially landscape-orientated pictures to a tiny 240x320 portrait image.