View Full Version : e310 Spontaneous Reset

baker
03-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Some time during the night, my e310 spontaneously hard reset. The battery is showing 0%, yet when I turned it off just before going to bed it was fully charged as I had just pulled it out of the cradle. Sprite Backup is set to run at 3 AM, but it did not, so something must have gone crazy between 11:30 and 3 AM. The battery has shown no signs of problems until now. Any suggestions to the cause? Thanks. :?:

tanalasta
03-14-2004, 09:31 AM
From your history, my first question is: Did you turn your pocketoc off before you went to bed? And have you recharged your PPC and how is it working now?

My first suspicion is that your pocketpc's auto turn-off settings may have been mistakenly disabled so that your ppc has run out of battery overnight and thus hard-reset. It's a close call though as your pocketpc battery should have survived the night at least.

I also own an e310 and have not experienced the problem you described. If it is still under warranty and it is not working properly at the moment after you've recharged/restored your device then I would contact them. Do post updates on how your pocketpc's going!

And thank god for sprite pocketbackup.

baker
03-14-2004, 02:14 PM
I had it turned off. As to the power settings, I have the battery power setting to turn off after two minutes, but I had the external power off setting disabled (I've changed it to 30 minutes now). The device was not plugged up that night. I reloaded and recharged the ppc last night and unplugged it and turned it off before bedtime. This morning it was at a 95% charge with a new backup file on the SD card. I've had it on for about 15 minutes and it's now at 87%. I don't know what happened the other night unless something got confused when the auto-backup tried to run or confusion set in when it does it's midnight calendar and clock thing. Thanks for the reply.