View Full Version : Q: Stop Internet Explorer (PPC) from permanently storing websites' contents in the "Temporary Internet Files"

Sydney Bristow
03-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Well, they eat up tons of space, and they don't seem to be "temporary" to me...once I visit a website, all the contents of it plan on staying stuck in the weird-named folders inside the Windows/Profiles/Guest/Temporary Internet Files/ folder until I manually go and delete them all (P.S: The "Profile" is probably guest because I haven't set up any passwords since I'm the only one using it and do not want to bother typing password every time). :?

Any helps/suggestions regarding how to stop them from being stored will be greatly appreciated! I tried to search for the answer, but haven't had much luck yet...thank you! :D

arnage2
03-12-2004, 11:11 PM
the only way is to use an ie alternative.

The same thing happened to me on my old 2215. I had it for 3 months and checked the folder you specified. I deleted the contents of it, and had 22mb of new free memory.

Jorgen
03-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Since this is a general problem, you could - assuming the foldername is always the same - try to ask Scott at http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff.html if he would like to make a cleartemp2 that erased the temporary ie files. He would only need to change the foldername and recompile.

Jorgen

Sydney Bristow
03-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Awwie... :(

Thank you so much everyone! I guess I'll search around for alternative browsers to use... 8O I've been hearing some good things about MultiIE and Firesomethingortheother, but I don't have a credit card so...off I go to search for some other free browsers :D

[edit]
I've stumbled across the old link I had on favrote about ftxPBrowser...but since it's only running .exe file, I'm thinking perhaps it's more of a plug-in for IE, not an entirely new browser? /me goes off to search again :)

crumflake05
03-17-2004, 04:32 AM
Hello... i never really had this problem
Pocket exploer is almost like the regular version
u could clear all the cookies, history and Files
first you have to open up internet explorer
then Tap on TOOLS>Options...
once there you tap on clear history or Delete files. to clear the cookies tap on ADVANCED toward the bottom.
dats it
ifudo that
then check the folder well notice everything is gone