View Full Version : FS: Mitac Mio 8380 Smartphone

felixdd
03-12-2004, 01:00 AM
Price: $425 USD Shipped.
Included: Everything in box: 2 batteries, 32 MB SD card, leather case, cradle, A/C adapter, manuals, CDROMs; warranty (ends Aug 2004; warranty center is in LA).
Also throw in:
2.5-3.5 mm stereo adapter: for audio output to any device that uses a 3.5 mm stereo port -- i.e. FM broadcaster, headphones, speakers, etc.
Headset that have been modified -- I soldered a pair of Sony earbuds directly to the circuit board on the remote. No shoddy heat-shrink tube -- end result makes earbuds look stock. Unfortunately, the bundled earbuds are completely inadequate in terms of sound quality, IMHO.
The original earbuds. I will solder them back on if you want.
Games like Motorcycle stunt racing, bust'em, and Toki Tori -- ~$20 in value.
Freeware games and the unofficial firmwares (which have less trash than the official ones from Mitac) on a CD.
Unlocked: yes
Condition: With the way Mitac Mios are -- this is a 8.5/10; some paint wearing off but nothing serious; screen is immaculate as the

SELLING DETAILS
--------------------
Shipping: Anywhere
Payment: COD, money order, paypal -- if you use any other online services I will sign up to them providing that they are free.

NOTES:
--------------------
The Mitac Mio is a great smartphone -- not much bigger than a Motorola MPx200 but has none of its flaws! For one thing, no annoying rubber tabs that break off; faster processor, a record button that you can actually press down (the MPx200 has a bad rocker switch), and a camera for any Kodak moments you might have,

As well, hardly anyone has the infamous "headset" problem wherein your phone is stuck in headset mode -- that's more common in the Tanager and the MPx. Nor is there the "stuck in airplane mode" problem that potentially reduces a smartphone to a very expensive paperweight. To my knowledge, that only happens to the MPx. Honestly, I think the only reason the MPx is so popular in the US is because it's more available -- if Mitac had attacked the Western market then it would've rocked Motorola for sure.

It holds a signal great, and if you are wondering it's triband 900/1800/1900, so it'll work internationally.

I'm selling because I can't afford this baby, and I decided that I should get a cheap PDA with a cheap phone.

Please -- only buy if you're going to take care of the my baby! I'd hate to find out that I'm selling it to someone who'll abuse it. It can take the abuse, but it'll break my heart :(

felixdd
03-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks for all the interest -- a few offers but nothing solid. Keep'em coming folks! :D