View Full Version : Can't sync without soft reset (HP 2210)

chippyt
03-11-2004, 09:13 PM
I have a 2210 using a USB cradle to sync with Windows 2000. It worked great for about 2 months, then I accidentally pulled the USB cable out of the PC while the PC was on. I plugged it back in, but from then on I can't sync unless I do a soft reset. Then it will sync once, but if I take it off the cradle and try again, nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled activesync 3.7.1, but still the same problem. I did a hard reset of the 2210 and restored a backup and still the same problem.

Do I need to do a hard reset and install everything one by one?

Any help would be great.

TIA!

dequardo
04-01-2004, 03:59 AM
I have a 2210 using a USB cradle to sync with Windows 2000. It worked great for about 2 months, then I accidentally pulled the USB cable out of the PC while the PC was on. I plugged it back in, but from then on I can't sync unless I do a soft reset. Then it will sync once, but if I take it off the cradle and try again, nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled activesync 3.7.1, but still the same problem. I did a hard reset of the 2210 and restored a backup and still the same problem.

Do I need to do a hard reset and install everything one by one?

Any help would be great.

TIA!

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue.

TIA
Mike

chippyt
04-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately I was never able to fix it. I finally did a hard reset when I did the 2210 ROM upgrade to 1.10. Since then it has worked flawlessly.

Good Luck!