View Full Version : Synchronising inbox

Trimac20
03-11-2004, 04:53 PM
I just cannot seem to synchronise my inbox. I just found out how to get the net working on my PC, and created a new HTTP email account in Outlook using Hotmail. This worked fine and there are 120 messages in my inbox in Outlook. Btw in Activesync I checked the 'Inbox' box to synchronise over activesync and it says in Activesync all the messages in Inbox have been synchronised. But...there are no messages in the inbox in my Pocket PC. Am I missing something here? I thought when you sync messages you can actually read them and access them on your pocket pc when its connected via Activesync...Help greatly needed :( thanks

Jason Dunn
03-11-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm 99% sure that in Outlook, HTTP email accounts are created under a different directory tree in Outlook, aren't they? ActiveSync can only synchronize the root Inbox folder, not a folder in a different email tree. In Outlook you should have a "main" Inbox, in the same tree as your Calendar, Contacts, etc. That's the folder ActiveSync will sync against.

Steven Cedrone
03-11-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm 99% sure that in Outlook, HTTP email accounts are created under a different directory tree in Outlook, aren't they?

Yes, they are in a different directory tree...

Steve

Wingnut
03-11-2004, 11:08 PM
So is it possible to have the Hotmail folder sync? For instance, can you conglomerate all of your email folders into one root folder?

Trimac20
03-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Yeah, that's what I concluded thats why I tried moving the messages from the 'Hotmail' folder to the main Inbox folder. And then something a little strange happened. I moved one yet unread message into Inbox and a few seconds later it had gone from my Inbox: it dissappeared somewhere. I checked my inbox in Pocket PC and, voila it was there in the 'Inbox!' (although on the today screen it still said 'No unread messages'. But when I tried adding several more messages they did not automatically transfer to the Pocket PC. I did nothing here but have no idea what is happening, can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

Jason Dunn
03-12-2004, 01:05 AM
But when I tried adding several more messages they did not automatically transfer to the Pocket PC. I did nothing here but have no idea what is happening, can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

The default is only email from the past three or five days if memory serves - right click on Inbox in ActiveSync, select settings, and change them. ;-)

Trimac20
03-12-2004, 07:51 AM
I don't quite get what your mean. The inbox is set to receive messages for the last 5 days, yet the messages I tried transferring to the inbox were probably received only 1-2 days ago. ?? Any idea what's going on?

Jason Dunn
03-12-2004, 05:49 PM
I don't quite get what your mean. The inbox is set to receive messages for the last 5 days, yet the messages I tried transferring to the inbox were probably received only 1-2 days ago. ?? Any idea what's going on?

Then I'm out of ideas, sorry. I don't use Hotmail, so I can't replicated what you're seeing.