View Full Version : JavoEdge headphone kudos

hamishmacdonald
03-10-2004, 02:07 PM
I bought JavoEdge's earbud headphones, which have a retractable cord (similar to the MiniSync USB cables). I had misgivings about buying them, because I've bought lots of headphones in the past then hated the sound. I find most of them tout their "bass boost" features, which give that boy-racer-modified-car-boomphing-at-the-stoplight bassline, but the treble sounds like a cheap AM radio.

Not these. They've got great sound, as good as the Sony earbuds I bought them to replace. And the retracting cord feature is just so handy.

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else had similar worries.

Dave Potter
03-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks! I was looking at these but was hesitant to purchase without hearing them. I just might take the plunge now.

pocketdoc
03-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Is the retractable casing heavy when it is hanging? This was a concern on one of the reviews.

dmy
03-11-2004, 01:39 AM
Retractable cord might be nice.... but nothing beats the Shure E2's.... well.... maybe the E3's and E5's. Noise isolation is tops (I wear them on airplanes often, and when mowing the lawn I'm sometimes not sure the lawnmower is running if it weren't for the vibration). They're comfortable as well (see the Airline travel.... and I'm doing about 4 legs per month at 10 hours per leg including connections and getting to the airport on-time). And while there's no bass-boost, theres a track I can think of that I feel the bass every bit as good as I feel it from my Velodyne Sub-woofer on my home theater system.

Cheers,
D.