View Full Version : What would you consider more important?

Trimac20
03-10-2004, 07:31 AM
To have a Pocket PC or a Palm or a Mobile phone? Of course we're talking about a top of the range smartphone. And you can't say 'both' :wink: . Pretend you've got $400 and can only afford one of each...

dean_shan
03-10-2004, 08:27 AM
I'd say Pocket PC. My reason, PPC is beter then Palm. Also I do not own a mobile phone, just a PPC. Although I am considering getting a mobile phone next fall.

Pat Logsdon
03-10-2004, 08:59 AM
I may be going out on a limb here, but I'd guess that most visitors to Pocket PC Thoughts would pick a Pocket PC. :wink:

Pony99CA
03-10-2004, 11:34 AM
To have a Pocket PC or a Palm or a Mobile phone? Of course we're talking about a top of the range smartphone. And you can't say 'both' :wink: . Pretend you've got $400 and can only afford one of each...
If you're looking for advice, you'll have to state your needs. If you want to make phone calls or text message on the road, and aren't considering a Pocket PC Phone, then the choice is easy -- a mobile phone. If you don't make many mobile calls, but want an organizer and/or entertainment system, then go for the Pocket PC.

If this is a poll, you should have actually created the poll. :-)

I wonder if anybody here will actually recommend a Palm. :twisted:

Steve

arnage2
03-10-2004, 01:27 PM
i would recommend a palm only for basic pim. For anything else (music, video, documents, and everything else) i recommend ppc.

Personally, idnever give up my ppc.

JackTheTripper
03-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Don't hate me now, but gun to my head I'd have to choose a cell. At least then I could call the cops and say "Hey, this guy has a gun to my head!"

scargill
03-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Sorry, but it'd be the mobile phone!!
Well I am in the UK where EVERYBODY has a mobile phone, and I think its the no.1 piece of equipment I have (even if it is a simple SE T610)

Kowalski
03-10-2004, 11:28 PM
a smartphone could be a good choice for some situations.
i use my pocketpc heavily for mp3 and PIM. i dont play games and dont surf quite often. so i would like to have a smartphone

PetiteFlower
03-11-2004, 06:14 AM
For me, PDAs and phones have different uses. But the phone is DEFINITELY more important. I love my ppc and I use it every day and take it with me everywhere, but my phone offers me communication, safety, rescue when I get lost(which is often), and it can carry all my numbers in it. I can even use it to IM. My PDA can't save me if I get a flat tire at 1am. So I'd say if you could only get one, get a phone, but get it because it's a phone, don't expect it to be able to do the work of both.

Kati Compton
03-11-2004, 06:33 AM
If I could get a Smartphone and use it with the Virgin Mobile pre-pay system, I'd probably do that. But I can't. So I have to have one of each. I don't know if one is more necessary than the other, though. When I need one of them, it's always important. ;)