View Full Version : I Know but WiFi activesync?

Palm Cow
03-10-2004, 04:45 AM
hey, don't hate me for posting this. Err, I have a wifi card on my ppc and can connect to the internet and everything but I don't gethow to sync over wifi! Thanks guys.

powder2000
03-10-2004, 05:08 AM
No question is a stupid question. Basically if you have wifi set up in your house or office and you have a partnership set up with your computer through activesync, you can connect through wifi. By partnership, I mean that you have created a physical connection through the com port or usb. Once you have done this, you should open connection settings in activesync. At the bottom of the list, make sure sync over wifi is connected. Now on your pocket pc, click activesynce then how you want to sync. I do not have windows mobile 2003 but it should be pretty straightforward.

Jorgen
03-10-2004, 08:30 AM
At least on ppc2002 and earlier, it worked best if you specified the IP address of the PC as WINS in Settings / Connections / Network Adapters / <your adapter> / Name Servers. I never understood why this was necessary but then again: if it works, it works. :)

Jorgen

Kevin C. Tofel
03-10-2004, 02:54 PM
If I'm not mistaken you also need to use the "My Work Network" connection for AS over WiFi......once I changed my AS connection to use that profile, I was able to synch via WiFi.

KCT