View Full Version : New to the whole Pocket PC thing. Need help!!!

Ginuwine_Uso
03-09-2004, 12:11 AM
I ordered a HP IPAQ 2215 from the HP website. I just wanted to know if you guys can tell me why I need a CF card and a SD card. What are the purposes. I think it has a BLUETOOTH built-in, can I use a bluetooth adapter to connect to my home PC? And what do you IPAQ 2215 owners think about your pocket pc? Recommand any software??? Thanks for your help, Finally got a Pocket PC!!!!!!

Mark Kenepp
03-09-2004, 01:12 AM
SD and CF slot:

Well, you dont NEED both but then again, do you really need a Pocket PC :wink:

My decision to purchase the 2215 was that it had both SD and CF. CF was a must since all my previous devices use CF. I figured I would make some transition to SD at some point. As it stands, I have an SD memory card installed and am waiting for my CF WiFi card to arrive. So even when I am using the CF WiFi card, I can still take advantage of the additional memory.

Bluetooth:

Bluetooth is built into the 2215 and as far as I know, you can connect to yout PC with it. I think that when first setting up ActiveSync, you must initially use the USB connection but after that, Bluetooth or IR are possible (I have used IR with my old 568 but I have not used Bluetooth for ActiveSync connection).

You will need to get some type of Bluetooth adapter on your desktop PC if it is not already built in.

What do I think about my Pocket PC (2215):

I am very pleased. With my Jornada 568, which I had for about two years, I was using it for a number of things key to my work. The 2215 is quite an improvement over the 568 so I find myself using it for more and more things and started keeping track of my personal life on it. :jester:

As far as software goes, I recommend you check out trial versions of Pocket Informant (http://www.pocketinformant.com/p_pocketinformant.php) and Agenda Fusion (http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/index.htm). After you have tried them out, decide which one works best for you (or not).

I could spend all day talking about other software I use but I will give others the opportunity to share their experiences.