View Full Version : Something to smerk at....`

rzanology
03-08-2004, 11:11 PM
ipaq 2215 $400
256mb flash card $120
256mb Secure Digital card $130
Knowing that the palm user next
to me is watching me play solitaire
while still listening to mp3s..... Priceless!

* shame on you who think there is no need for multitasking in an OS. Thats soooo 1983.

c38b2
03-08-2004, 11:18 PM
FYI - Palm users can play solitaire while listening to music as well. :wink:

dean_shan
03-09-2004, 01:47 AM
No this is what's pricless, using MSN Messenger while listening to MP3s and sending off an email.

c38b2
03-09-2004, 02:52 AM
No this is what's pricless, using MSN Messenger while listening to MP3s and sending off an email.
If it wasn't "MSN" messenger but another (like AIM) Palms have that capability. :wink:

...but I'm not sure if this thread is meant for pointing out the capabilities of Palms... is it?

Palm Cow
03-09-2004, 03:04 AM
What ... no, they can't do it all. I didn't understand the utilities of multi-tasking back on my Clie. But being able to be in the middle of an email, say, Oh dearie, gotta work on that document, not have to save the email, just multi-task ... yum. Palms can listen to MP3s and do one other thing, but not 2. Or EIGHT!

c38b2
03-09-2004, 03:32 AM
What ... no, they can't do it all. I didn't understand the utilities of multi-tasking back on my Clie. But being able to be in the middle of an email, say, Oh dearie, gotta work on that document, not have to save the email, just multi-task ... yum. Palms can listen to MP3s and do one other thing, but not 2. Or EIGHT!
Yes I understand and I hope that at least some of it will be changed with Cobalt. Switching to email will (most likely) disconnect you from your IM session. However, if I found myself switching back and forth between IM, email, documents, and music on a Palm I would just get myself a PPC :wink:

dean_shan
03-09-2004, 05:49 AM
Yes I understand and I hope that at least some of it will be changed with Cobalt. Switching to email will (most likely) disconnect you from your IM session. However, if I found myself switching back and forth between IM, email, documents, and music on a Palm I would just get myself a PPC :wink:

Yeah that's why I have a PPC and you have Palm.