View Full Version : Aximsite Reviews the Veo Photo Traveler SD Camera

Jason Dunn
03-08-2004, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.aximsite.com/reviews/index.php?qid=188&frommostrecent=yes' target='_blank'>http://www.aximsite.com/reviews/ind...mmostrecent=yes</a><br /><br /></div>"Although the specification looks pretty good for the money, I was initially a bit nervous about purchasing this camera for my Axim. As you can see from the screenshots on the Expansys site and here, the camera has an overhang to the right hand side of the SD card, and despite all my screen measurements from large pictures I wasn't absolutely sure it would clear the Wifi bump / antenna on the Dell..."

OSUKid7
03-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Doubt it would clear my current WiFi card (WL110 PC card with PC card expansion pack plus on my iPaq 3870)...just looking at the two pictures. Anyone know for sure?
edit...just realized I couldn't use that anyway lol...it's SDIO...guess I'll wait to get a new PPC one of these days (months...years :lol: )

TheScream
03-09-2004, 01:29 AM
FYI: This camera is the OEM version of the HP Photosmart SDIO camera. I know because the they use the same dll in the SDK and their header files are virtually identical.

x999x
03-09-2004, 06:44 PM
The product specs page lists this camera as compatible with the Dell Axim, however being the same hardware as the HP cam, it "should" work on an ipaq 1945 correct? Sure hope so, I'm prolly gonna pick one up this afternoon.

kao123
03-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know for sure if this does work with the 2200 series ?

maikii
03-14-2004, 06:47 AM
FYI: This camera is the OEM version of the HP Photosmart SDIO camera. I know because the they use the same dll in the SDK and their header files are virtually identical.

And HP charges a lot more--$129! Better to buy this Veo version.

These don't have flash though. Is there a different brand that has flash?

disconnected
03-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Mobileplanet has the Lifeview FlyCAM-SD, which they say will be available on 03/16. I think they only supply drivers for iPAQ 54xx/55xx PPCs.
It has a flash, but it's 179.95. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any reviews of it.

maikii
03-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Mobileplanet has the Lifeview FlyCAM-SD, which they say will be available on 03/16. I think they only supply drivers for iPAQ 54xx/55xx PPCs.
It has a flash, but it's 179.95. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any reviews of it.

That's not out yet? I thought it was. Does their CF version not include flash?

That price is higher than I thought, high for a PPC camera. Of course, Mobile Planet's prices are higher than many others. If you do a search on pricewatch.com or pricegrabber.com, you could probably find a lower price. (And--MobilePlanet is a SPAMMER. If you order from them, even though you deselect the box about receiving promotional e-mails, they send them to you anyhow!! :devilboy: )