View Full Version : Logitech and Bluetrek Headsets.

dh
03-08-2004, 04:34 AM
Just wondering does anyone have any experience with either of these headsets? :?:

Both companies make a bluetooth headset with an adaptor for non BT phones, like the Jabra one. I've found good reviews for both of them and both can be bought for $100 or less. Both seem to have great battery life and good sound quality.

I think I'm going to buy one or the other, but I'm not sure which. The Bluetrek G2 seems to be technically the better, but Logitech is certainly the better known brand.

Any feedback on these products would be great.

dmy
03-09-2004, 12:54 AM
I tried the Jabra.... but the "behind the ear" type didn't feel reasonable with my glasses... YMMV. Didn't try the Bluetrek but it's the same style, just a bit bigger than the Jabra.

I have the Logitech.... paired with my PDA, Desktop, Laptop, and Siemens s56 phone. Works flawlessly from first install, people tell me that it doesn't sound any different than me talking on my phone (and they all say my phone's quality is a cut above most phones). Battery life is fine for me.... haven't hit the limit yet and I use it quite extensively.

Cheers,
D.

dh
03-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Actually the newest Bluetrek is an "over the ear" model that is supposed to be more comfortable than the original. Having said that, I think I can get a good deal on the Logitech and it's looking as though that will be the one.

I've read several reviews that say the sound quality of the Logitech is first class. How is it for comfort?

dmy
03-09-2004, 01:56 AM
I've read several reviews that say the sound quality of the Logitech is first class. How is it for comfort?

I guess I only inferred that part......

I find it extremely comfortable, especially with my glasses. It takes a little getting used to actually clipping the thing to your ear (Best experienced rather than described) but I easily forget I'm wearing it.

D.

Sven Johannsen
03-09-2004, 04:46 AM
I'm not real crazy about the Bluetrek. Nothing goes in the ear so it is like a little speaker sitting just outside the ear canal. I don't find it is really loud enough wih any ambient noise. The Jabra is like all their earpieces, a jell thing that goes in the ear. Seems to have better sound to me than the Bluetrek

dh
03-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered the Logitech. Thanks for the input guys.