View Full Version : Getting online wirelessly

amringer
03-08-2004, 04:21 AM
I have a HP 5550 that I use with my class and at home. Both school and home have wireless connections that I can sometimes hook up to through my pocket pc. I can't understand why sometimes I get a connection and sometimes I don't. The only thing I've done to get online so far is to tap start -> iPaq wireless _> WLAN

Any suggestions on how I can get online everytime?

Jason Dunn
03-08-2004, 05:07 PM
If you're having trouble connecting and you're 100% sure that your settings are correct, you might want to try a soft reset, then turning on the wireless access. Sometimes that does the trick.

spacerace
03-09-2004, 04:17 PM
are you always in the same place when you are experiencing the connect / can't connect issues ? if not it could simply be a range issue.

failing that check for anything else that might be causing interference on the connection, possibly intermittently, such as microwaves or other electronic devices that might be in occasional use.

amringer
03-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Thanks for your comments! It is happening at both school (where there is a wireless connection right in the room) and at home (my wireless is in the basement). I've tried to soft reset and that doesn't seem to help. I am able to get online when I sync with my computer at home. Last time this happened, I didn't get it to work until I did a full reset, which I really don't want to do again, but I like being able to get online with the pocket pc.

Any other advice?

ppcsurfr
03-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Would you mind letting us know how you have it set up? Also if you are using any add-on apps to view your connections... or make your connections?

How is your AP set at home?

Well, all these really just to rule out the minor stuff... also... have you updated your iPAQ lately?

Carlo