View Full Version : HELP! Pocketop Drivers!!!

Peter Traugot
03-08-2004, 04:18 AM
Well, I have a Toshiba e550g, and a pocketop keyboard. Thay wrote a driver last year, and it works fine. However, recently my machine needed to be hard reset and the driver was erased.

Needless to say, the driver was a download only thing.

Now, they CHARGE FOR THEIR DRIVERS!

What's up with that??

Anyway, I refuse to pay them for functionality that SHOULD be available to me regardles of how old my product is. I can see paying for upgrades, but NOT the original driver. SHEEESH!!!!

Anyone have it? I would like to use my keyboard (again) without paying ransom. 8O

Thanks.

dh
03-08-2004, 04:22 AM
I have the Dell X5 driver, otherwise I would be happy to send it to you.
Users sharing Pocketop drivers seems to me to be a good way to avoid being robbed by this company.

woffles
03-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Write them and see if they will send you the driver, can't hurt.

Jacob
03-08-2004, 04:22 PM
I agree with woffles - you should write them a polite letter telling them about your situation and they may just send you the drivers.

I would take a look at this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23476) aswell since it provides some further information about this very issue.

Specifically, jump to the end of the thread where the user Gerard had contacted them about this policy and did get some good direct information about the reasons behind why this policy is there.