View Full Version : Agenda Fusion 5.7 Update: Icon 'Squishing'

Lex
03-07-2004, 12:42 PM
AF 5.7 has been out about a week. Installed it and all is well except -some- of my event icons in the Month View are compressed. It does not relate to the number of event icons I have on a certain date. On some dates where there is only one icon, it is 'squished' while a date with 3 icons on it appears normal.

Anyone else experiencing it? I've reported it to Developer One and will share they reply when it comes.

Ripper014
03-08-2004, 12:50 AM
What size are the icons that are compressed... are they all the same size.... or are they assorted sizes... There used to be a set size for icons... I know that for PI I need for them to be 9x9 and I think it might be the same for the new Agenda Fusion in order to get the maximum amount of icons on any given day...

Lex
03-08-2004, 03:26 AM
I've created most of mine in a 12x12 grid frame in MS Paint but the point is that some icons are squished and some aren't in the same Month View.

The ones that are squished are the same size as other squished ones and the full size ones are the size they're supposed to be since the last edition of AF. All icons got reduced in a previous version of AF in the 5.x series and this time the problem appeared with a new wrinkle. Not all icons are affected.

It's not the specific image either. One category image can be proper size and the same image on another date in the same month is squished. (I'm not saying 'compressed' since that means something in computer-eze.)

Ripper014
03-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Lex... can you post a picture of your problem... Do a screen capture so we can see the problem... it makes it a little easier to see it. You can get a program called "Magic SS" that will do the capture for you...

Lex
03-08-2004, 12:50 PM
This is what it takes to post an image here from the FAQ:

"Can I post Images?
...you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC..."

I have a screenshot but can't post it. I can send a .bmp of the screenshot to someone if you know what to do w/ it.

Ripper014
03-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Would you be able to post it over at Brighthand..?

Lex
03-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Thanks for persisting with me on this Ripper. The developer says I'm the only complainant so far on this problem.

Screenshot at:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=666223#post666223

msprague
03-09-2004, 03:26 AM
From your screen shot at brighthand it looks like the only time the icons are squished are when there are 3 on the same day and they wouldn't fit unsquished. It looks like a nice feature to me. All the days with less than 3 icons have are the same unsquished size as far as I can tell. :?

dh
03-09-2004, 04:00 AM
From your screen shot at brighthand it looks like the only time the icons are squished are when there are 3 on the same day and they wouldn't fit unsquished. It looks like a nice feature to me. All the days with less than 3 icons have are the same unsquished size as far as I can tell. :?
I agree, it looks as though this is a feature to let more icons display at a time than would otherwise be the case. It seems as though there is room for two icons at full size in one line, more than two they adjust to get them in.
What happens if there are four? Does it shrink them a bit more?

Ripper014
03-09-2004, 04:18 AM
As I said up top... the icons are being scaled to fit into the available space... if you resize your icons... to a smaller size they should all remain the same size... this is why I resized my icons to 9x9...

I have attached a picture at Brighthand of my screen... note I am using v4.93 I prefer it... but you will get the idea...

Lex
03-09-2004, 05:10 AM
Thank you all. The only thing I can't figure out is why some double-icon dates don't 'squish' and some do. (Applicable to other months than the one I posted at Brighthand.)

Oh well, I guess DeveloperOne's response will be the classic "It's not a BUG it's a FEATURE !"

:wink:

Lex
03-10-2004, 10:11 PM
To complete the picture and as we all knew, Ripper was right, here's the quote from DeveloperOne:

Hello Lex -
here is a detailed explanation from one of our developers,

" There is no bug here. The items on the 3rd are shrunk because the total width of the 3 icons displayed exceeds the display width for that day box so they are shrunk to fit – ditto with the 10th. The items on 24th are not shrunk because the total width of the 2 icons displayed do not exceed the width for that day – ditto with the 26th and the 28th. We try to preserve the original size of the icons wherever we can but where we cannot we opt to make sure the icons display properly in the day box. This is required so that new icons added by customers and other developers that do not fit our recommended 9x12 height can be displayed properly in Agenda Fusion. Yes the icons do not look “as nice” as the fullsize versions but it looks nicer than having the icons be clipped, overlapped or running outside the boundaries of the day. The icons will still display fullsize in the preview area of the Month View."