View Full Version : Can i sync Mobile With PDA Via BT or IR?

the_hommi_g_is
03-07-2004, 10:38 AM
I just bought a new mobile fone <Sony Ericsson Z600> and i'd like to sync my contacts and calendar with My PDA <Toshiba E740> ... Is it possible to do so via BT or IR? Has anyone ever done this?

Ta ...

Steven Cedrone
03-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Wow, the website for the Sony Ericsson Z600 is absolutely the worst I have ever been to! (http://www.sonyericsson.com/z600/)

Since this phone syncs with Outlook, you can just do it that way. Otherwise, you can probably send the info, one at a time, device to device. But I don't think you can sync! :wink:

Steve

Smergo
03-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Have you tried http://www.smartsoftworks.com/ ?

I was doing a search on the forum because I was looking for the same, but only found this topic but then I found this program in an old news on a swedish Pocket PC site.

I will donwnload and try it now.

Smergo
03-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Didn't work very well, and Z600 ain't in the list of supported units in that or any other software like it that I found :(

Steven Cedrone
03-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Since your Pocket PC and the Phone sync to Outlook, why not do it like that? Unless you are trying to eliminate your PC from the whole process?

Steve

Smergo
03-08-2004, 03:17 PM
I want to eliminate my PC from the process ;).

tom dunne
03-10-2004, 01:28 AM
I have an Ambicom Bluetooth CF card. With it comes a program for the Pocket PC that does what you want. I have used it to copy my phonebook to/from my Ericsson phone.

The program is very basic, but it does the job. There is also a program to send SMS from your PDA via bluetooth and the phone.

Trimac20
03-10-2004, 06:17 AM
I'm pretty sure Mobiphone (not sure if thats correct, I haven't used it for awhile) allows you to sync contacts, calendar.etc between handheld and mobile. And of course if you use Outlook 2002 you can combine your contact lists or transfer from phone to PC and from PC to PDA.

Smergo
03-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Ok, tried again today and it works fine with Smart GSM, really nice :).

Just remember to use BT and COM8, then it works perfect, Im so happy right now :).