View Full Version : Screen Remains on After Turning Device Off!!

lazerin
03-06-2004, 10:58 AM
I noticed yesterday that after pressing the power button on my 4150 to turn it off, the actual display doesn't turn off. In fact, it just displays a black screen. This is hard to see during the day but in a dark room, it is very obvious because the screen is still giving off backlighting for the lcd.

I'm 100% certain that it used to turn off as it should. What's wrong?

AMelis
03-06-2004, 02:15 PM
So, just how many boards is this posted on?

JustinGTP
03-06-2004, 08:22 PM
When turning your device off, do not hold the power button, that just turns off the backlight.

Instead, what you need to do is just press it and let go immediately.

-Justin.

CoreyJF
03-08-2004, 08:21 PM
I don't think that is what he is talking about. I notice on my 4155, there are times I shut it off and the screen doesn't completely go off. It is almost as if the backlight is on, but the screen is off. It looks completely black except for a slight glow in the back. I just do a soft rest and that fixes it.

karinatwork
03-18-2004, 05:06 AM
Just tonight it happened to me too. I don't like that at all. It must have been like that for a while, because although I hadn't used it, battery power was down to 85 %.

Anyone has any ideas yet??

Thanks.

K.

Pat Logsdon
03-18-2004, 09:24 AM
This normally happens to me if ActiveSync did not shut down correctly. To fix it, just establish a new ActiveSync connection, wait until it's done syncing, and then stop it from the PPC. Then you should be able to turn it off without any problem.

Abba Zabba
03-19-2004, 06:22 AM
The same thing happened to me for the first 2 months I had my 415x but it just stopped happening. :roll:

But another thing that I have been noticing lately is that many times when I power on my ppc when I try to run program it shuts off completely. This happens alot when I use iternet explorer and gprs. Or other times the screens backlight shuts off when I tap the screen. Has any of this been happening to anyone else?

I haven't contacted anyone about this yet but I'm thinking I should contact hp to see if has been happening to anyone else?