View Full Version : Ipaq 5450 Jornada Pocket Camera and MS Portrait

tospappy
03-06-2004, 02:01 AM
I have been trying to get Portrait to work with my Ipaq 5450 and my Jornada Pocket Camera. I followed the directions on the Portrail website, installed the driver and software (I know the software isn't compatible) but there is still a problem with the video. Has anyone gotten this to work? Portrait is suppose to be able to use the driver and send video. I get some of the vid, but it is only a partial frame.

Thanks

Sven Johannsen
03-06-2004, 04:38 AM
Nope, won't work. The problem is that the driver was never updated for WM2003, since the camera was discontinued before that OS came out. So you can load the driver on a PPC2002 PPC and run portrait, but not a WM2003..NOT EVEN HP'S :evil: (I was shouting at HP, not you). I even used my Jornada camera on my Dell just because I could. The HP SD camera works fine with Portrait incidentally.

tospappy
03-06-2004, 04:45 PM
I am still running PPC 2002, so shouldn't the camera work?

Thanks

Sven Johannsen
03-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Indeed it should then. Did you get the drivers from the HP site? The ARM (Jornada 568) one, not the SH3 (Jornada 548) one remember. It worked on my Dell Axim following the instructions on the Portrait site.

Are you up to backing up, hard resetting, trying the driver with Portrait and then deciding which way to go depending on the outcome?

tospappy
03-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Sure, I guess backing up doing a hard reset and giving it a shot would determine if it works. Nothing on there I can't put back and I haven't done a hard reset lately. I will give it a try and post the results. Not sure I would restore from the back up, just reload all the apps.

Thanks