View Full Version : 3 simple ways to answer isint it ?

hasnain
03-05-2004, 08:21 PM
hi,,,
i just have one question for u all im going to buy a brand new i mate and i was wondering that in this pocket pc all three modes of answering a phone call is there??? i mean one is answering by headset the other one is by the handsfree speakerphone and the third one is by the phone itself right ??? plz advice

Janak Parekh
03-05-2004, 10:19 PM
I don't understand what you mean by handsfree speakerphone.

The different ways to accept a call are, to the best of my knowledge:

1. The button on a wired headset;
2. The button on a Bluetooth headset;
3. The "green" hardware button at the bottom of the i-Mate;
4. "Accept" on the incoming call notification on the touchscreen.

I don't own an i-Mate, but I do own an i700 and it has #1, #3, #4 (no Bluetooth :|)

--janak

Kadegboye
03-06-2004, 04:50 AM
Hi,
Both of you are right except that the bluetoooth on i-mate/XDA II/MDA II etc needs some hardware/software to function in that regard. When a call comes in, you can receive it by 1/ pressing the green button and putting the phone to your ear and continue with your conversation,
2/ if your stereo headphone is in your ear, simply press the green button and continue with your conversation, 3/ You can also use your spaker phone as handsfree device as I often do by pressing and holding the green button for few seconds to activate the speakerphone and then put the phone in the space in front of the Gear handle and continue your conversation, 4/ You can also accept (or reject) an incoming call using your stylus on the touch sensitive screen but you have to put the phone to your ear except if you are on the the speakerphone when the call came in.
Kay.