View Full Version : Crossword puzzles on PPC

binstpa
03-05-2004, 06:23 PM
I know that you can download NYTimes crossword puzzles and other newspaper ones using the accross lite .puz format. I have been searching for a program for pocket pc that lets me do the crossword puzzles on my device.

I found the stand alone, inc version but $20 for a program that lets me use free downloadable content is rather expensive. I thought there was a freeware program that let you playdo crossword puzzles downloaded from the internet.

Does anyone know which program is the best (and if there is a freeware verson)? What are your overall impressions and comments on doing crossword puzzles on their device?

binstpa
03-05-2004, 06:59 PM
I found a free version at

http://www.geocities.com/briancbarnes/CEPage.html

However, when I downloaded some files (.puz) it said they weren't supported. I downloaded his converter but I can't seem to figure out how it works. Does anyone use this and know how the converter works?

JTWise
03-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I don't know specifically about the PPC versions of the programs you are using, but I am using the NY Times crossword powertoy for Tablet PC. It seems that they (NY Times) changed something in the format of their puzzles that made the new puzzles not work. The developer of the Tablet PC program was working on a fix. Maybe there is a similar problem with these programs?