View Full Version : Delorme's Street USA 2004

baker
03-05-2004, 05:34 AM
I have the PC version on my laptop at work. Think it works well and it has me considering the Handheld version. Anyone tried this one on a PPC and have a recommendation up or down to give? Thanks.

Possum48
03-05-2004, 11:27 AM
sent it back. The program required too much storage space for the maps and also it required loading too many maps if you were taking a long trip and wanted the detail that you can get with the desktop version.

Also it was plain hard to figure out. Not really good tutorial stuff with it and I ended up getting frustrated trying to figure it out.

My thinking is that I have been printing maps and directions from the desktop version for several years now. They do the job for me just fine.

I figure that if I want to have the directions (not maps) handy on my PPC I can just copy them to a Word document and download it to the PPC and have them available that way. Why spend the extra money just for that.

I also think that if I really needed directions and maps handy in my car I would go for buying the items needed to power the laptop in the car and just use the Street Atlas USA software that way.

Better yet, spend some really big bucks and get a full blown GPS system.

Just my thoughts on the PPC version of this great desktop application.

that_kid
03-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Same here, the handheld version is brutal, it's entirely too hard to lookup addresses as the program searches throught the map whle you're inputing the address. Plus the routing was horrible, only static routing not dynamic so if you was off course the program didn't tell you and didn't care.