View Full Version : Sudden power loss on my Toshiba ... why?

Palm Cow
03-05-2004, 01:54 AM
So on the bus in the morning, I was listening to some nice MP3's on my Toshiba. Get off the bus and my battery's fine. This little buddy has great battery life. But, come afternoon bus ride, it was totally out of power! It wouldn't turn on or anything! It lost all the RAM of course, and I'm charging it right now so I can continue using it as normal. The battery lost every tiny bit of juice :oops: .

WHY?!

whatsnext?
03-05-2004, 02:46 AM
Did you remember to turn off you toshiba after you got off the bus?
i do the same and have not had any problems(i have an ipaq), but i always turn off my ipaq after i am done listening to music

Palm Cow
03-05-2004, 03:21 AM
I turned it off. Or I think I did ... but I have the Turn Off After 3 Minutes thingy ... :evil: .

Janak Parekh
03-05-2004, 04:44 AM
Were you using WMP? It sometimes may prevent the device from turning itself off. The only time I've had spontaneous power drains on my Pocket PCs was when playing music through WMP years ago and forgetting to explicitly turn it off...

--janak

senfeng
03-05-2004, 06:24 AM
What type of Toshiba? Are you running mp3s off of a storage card?

I notice that there's an option on my Toshiba e805 that allows power to the CF card during standby. It's a checkbox that can be found in Setting>Power>Option Tab