View Full Version : Sprite Software Doesn't Answer Questions

Lex
03-02-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm starting to go public on lax customer service and tech support.

Sprite Software hasn't answered a simple customer support inquiry, put to them twice over 10 days.

Potential and current Sprite Backup users; let the buyer beware.

Zack Mahdavi
03-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Hmm, really? I just sent them an email about a week ago, and received a reply a day or so later.

I don't understand why they wouldn't reply to your email.

Lex
03-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Could be a problem with their online form at the Sprite Backup Contact page but if so, it's still an issue.

I'll give an update here if it gets explained by Sprite.

Not trying to slam 'em; Just reporting the facts.

Hey maybe it's just me. I make copiers run out of paper and credit card scanners cease to operate too.

Possum48
03-02-2004, 11:09 PM
with the installation of the program and could not get any satisfaction from Handango where I bought it. Seems that the registration key would not work.

Handango suggested that I email Sprite for a resolultion to my problem. I did email and more than once. Finally, the head honcho replied, explaining that they had troubles with with their email system of something like that. He gave me a registration key that would work and also because it took them so long, he upgraded me from the Basic Pocket Backup to the better one.

Not bad for a company that intitally screwed up. They realized their mistake and made it right and more.

I suggest that you try to contact the head honcho and complain about the customer service but do it in a polite way and you may get some good results.

Zack Mahdavi
03-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Could be a problem with their online form at the Sprite Backup Contact page but if so, it's still an issue.

Lex, do you have an actual email address? If you need one, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Lex
03-03-2004, 01:49 AM
Thanks for that. I used the online support form in their Sprite Backup support area twice over 10 days with no response.

That functionality seems to have been put there for a purpose.

Today I tried their support email. ([email protected])

We'll see if it works and thanks.

mrkablooey
03-03-2004, 12:13 PM
I've had the same experience with them. :(

Lex
03-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Here is Sprite's exact reply and my response to it:

[email protected] wrote:

Hello Lex,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We found your e-mail, the reason
why didn''t get to us it is because it was marked is SPAM for our system.
As you know you have a yahoo account and a large number of ISP consider SPAM all e-mails that come from yahoo. I am sorry that you have experience this problem but was not our fault.

Regarding your question about upgrade: If you have Pocket Backup Plus, you do qualify for a free upgrade to Sprite Backup. Please download a new installer, install it in your device and use the same authorization code
to authorize the application.

If you need further assistance, please contact me again.

Regards,
German Moreno
Sprite Software

[\][\][\][\][\]

German, You must be kidding. Yahoo is a legitimate email provider and I cannot be your only customer using Yahoo. It is unfortunate that your ISP chooses to consider everyone of the many thousands of individuals using Yahoo as spammers.

Look at the length I had to go to to reach you. I'm afraid you have insulated yourself from many of your customers.

Thank you for your eventual reply.

L e x

Zack Mahdavi
03-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Dang, that stinks. As a web developer, I know that they can turn off the SPAM blocking from their ISP. If not, they need to switch web hosting companies or host their own site and email.

bibap
03-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Both at work and at home I block all mail from Yahoo. The amount of spam I receive through them is not worth the one or two legitimate mails I get. As a matter of fact my corporate IT department is considering a corporate-wide ban on mail coming from Yahoo. If you want email you can rely on I think you would be wise to look at another service.