View Full Version : Pocket PC synching current time with PC?

Phaang
03-02-2004, 07:16 AM
OK, I am somewhat new to PocketPC, coming from the Palm world. Is there some way that the handheld can or does synch with the desktop's time. With Palms, there is software that can be loaded on the desktop that pushes the corrected time at the handheld. I haven't found any documentation if this is part of ActiveSynch, nor have I found any written software that does this.
Can someone enlighten me on this?
Thanks

Wiggster
03-02-2004, 07:24 AM
In ActiveSync on the desktop PC, go to Tools->Options

Very bottom of the Options dialog, make sure "Syncronize mobile clock upon connecting" is checked.

I almost missed it when going to verify it was where I thought it was... I hope I'm not the only one who accidentally ignores things at the bottom :oops:

Phaang
03-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Wow! That was fast!
Thanks
And a big "duhhh" for me!

Wiggster
03-02-2004, 07:31 AM
I knew where it was and I STILL couldn't find it. So "Duh" to us both :mrgreen:

Ripper014
03-02-2004, 09:59 PM
If you want it accurate you might want to sync your PC to the Atomic Clock... there is software out there the will ping the atomic clock and set your PC accordingly...

Bruno Figueiredo
03-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, Windows XP automatically adjusts the clock with an atomic one everyday when you turn your computer on. Double-click your clock and select the Internet Time tab. Then you can select the server to sync your clock to. I selected the non-microsoft server (hey, maybe I'm a spy fearin' freak).

As this clock is always correct, when it syncs to the PPC, the one on it would be correct too.

Steven Cedrone
03-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Well, Windows XP automatically adjusts the clock with an atomic one everyday when you turn your computer on. Double-click your clock and select the Internet Time tab. Then you can select the server to sync your clock to. I selected the non-microsoft server (hey, maybe I'm a spy fearin' freak).

As this clock is always correct, when it syncs to the PPC, the one on it would be correct too.

I ditched the built in app and instead went with Atomic Timesync by AnalogX (http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/ats.htm)

Steve