View Full Version : How to improve RepliGo's resolution?

Prevost
03-02-2004, 06:37 AM
It has become really useful to carry construction plans in my PDA for quick and convenient reference in the field.

However, sometimes the AutoCAD converted files render in a resolution too low to allow me to read plan's annotations. It happens both in the PDA and in the PC screen.

Any suggestions?

drop
03-02-2004, 05:53 PM
I don't have an answer. I hope someone would. That is a very interesting question. I would also like to find out if there is a workaround.

PR.
03-02-2004, 09:28 PM
The new version will allow higher res for pictures.

Read the features for Repligo 2 thats currently out for Palm/PC that should be what will be for the PocketPC when thats realised in the next month or so...

Janak Parekh
03-02-2004, 09:55 PM
If it prints to a printer in the correct resolution, it sounds like the RepliGo driver. If you don't get a good answer here, you might want to ask on Cerience's forums -- I suspect most RepliGo users haven't had a need for high-res line art.

--janak

Prevost
03-02-2004, 11:53 PM
The new version will allow higher res for pictures.

Read the features for Repligo 2 thats currently out for Palm/PC that should be what will be for the PocketPC when thats realised in the next month or so...
I already installed release 2.0 in a Palm TT and, although it gives better funtionality, still the resolution is regular in some cases.

I have found on experience that it is better to limit the drawing area converted by Repligo's printing. However, this is not absolutely to be taken as criteria, since in some cases resolution keeps rendering regular and no better than that.

Prevost
03-02-2004, 11:56 PM
If it prints to a printer in the correct resolution, it sounds like the RepliGo driver. If you don't get a good answer here, you might want to ask on Cerience's forums -- I suspect most RepliGo users haven't had a need for high-res line art.

--janak
But, how could the driver be the cause? Because Repligo installs its own driver as I understand... :roll:

I'll try Cerience forums as you suggest.

Janak Parekh
03-03-2004, 12:07 AM
But, how could the driver be the cause? Because Repligo installs its own driver as I understand... :roll:
Repligo's driver does compression, right? I don't know what the algorithm they use is, but I could imagine that causing a resolution loss.

I'll try Cerience forums as you suggest.
Good luck. :D Let us know what you find out...

--janak

Prevost
03-11-2004, 05:19 AM
Cerience forums...after about 10 days I have got not a single answer :evil:

So, nothing new here to share.

Janak Parekh
03-11-2004, 05:46 AM
:( You might try again in the forum, or email their support address? Unfortunately I don't have a good answer...

--janak

Prevost
03-11-2004, 04:36 PM
I thought about doing that, but since they ask to send them the FILE that is giving trouble and do not say anything on telling them the KIND OF FILE or the ORIGINAL PROGRAM THAT RUNS THE FILE, I just gave up.

Janak Parekh
03-11-2004, 05:06 PM
I thought about doing that, but since they ask to send them the FILE that is giving trouble and do not say anything on telling them the KIND OF FILE or the ORIGINAL PROGRAM THAT RUNS THE FILE, I just gave up.
I think they meant the .RGO, so they could see the artifacts.

--janak

Prevost
03-11-2004, 07:11 PM
OK, I see.