View Full Version : iPAQ Slim Keyboard Driver disables d-pad

ChristopherTD
03-01-2004, 10:54 AM
I installed the latest iPAQ Slim Keyboard Driver on my 5550, but it seems to disable the d-pad all the time, even when the keyboard is not attached. I have to disable the keyboard using the supplied applet to regain use of the d-pad.

Has anyone noticed this, or am I just hallucinating (the d-pad on the 5550 is not the most responsive at the best of times).

ch_thom
03-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Just checked this out on my 5550 and you're right the keyboard driver DOES disable the d-pad - I never noticed that before.

It's not a problem for me probably because I also have the foldable keyboard driver installed and that overrides the slim keyboard driver when I don't have the slim keyboard attached. In fact when I attach the slim keyboard I need to disable the foldable keyboard driver in order for the slim keyboard to work.

To further explain I soft reset my ipaq after I sync, or when I remove the slim keyboard, so the foldable keyboard driver kicks in upon re-start. I then have to disable it when I attach the slim keyboard again. So when I'm not using the slim keyboard, after reset, the d-pad works fine because of the other keyboard driver.

Sorry for rambling on especially as its no help to you :!: