View Full Version : 2210 Replacement Grips Australia?

mike25
03-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Are there any Australians here who have been able to obtain replacement grips for their 2210's from HP?

I called the "service?" centre which is obviously located offshore and was informed that I would have to send the via post to a service centre in Sydney and the unit would be returned in 14-21 days. This was after I had been asked if I had dropped the unit or mishandled it in any way!

Reading through the forum other countries obviously have no problems with obtaining replacements and I am not sure why HP wants to make it so difficult here.

Thanks for any advice

JustinGTP
03-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Are you saying that they want you to send in your iPaq? You should not do that if that is the case.

Ask them to send you a replacement grip package, you still are under warranty right? This should be entitled to you if this is the case, and you should make a big fuss over it if they dont :wink:

-Justin.

ajbeard
03-01-2004, 06:04 AM
Hi,

I requested and received replacement grips from HP. (Sydney). They sent them by courier, the pack contained two grips and a new battery cover.

You would not need to send it in.

Tony

Anthony Caruana
03-01-2004, 01:47 PM
I'm in Melbourne and they sent me the grips and a battery cover. Took about 3 days.

BTW - only one grip was defective on my 2210 so I only replcae that one. I kept the defective one and repaired it with a little Tarzan's Grip glue. It's not perfect but will do the job in an emergency.

The feedback you got from the "service" centre was incorrect. Trained monkeys the world over a cringing at the negative advice that one gave to you.

draiken
03-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Has anybody got the replacements in Mexico?

mike25
03-04-2004, 01:01 AM
Just to update. I called the service centre again today and spoke to another person.

I could not have asked for a better service then what this lady provided she was apologetic for the service I received last time I called and assured me the replacements would be received within 2 business days.

I must have been unlucky the first time, service centres need more people like this who are only too willing to help the customer!

Ripper014
03-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Hmm... I could not agree more... afterall isn't that what the word "Service"... in Service Center mean...