View Full Version : I'm thinking about it...

dmacburry2003
02-29-2004, 01:36 AM
I'm thinking about getting some on-demand movies from Microsoft content providers to play on my PC (most likely Movielink, I think), but I don't know if they will be able to play on my PC (aren't they hi-res?).

My configuration:
600 Mhz Pentium III
128 MB RAM
8MB 4X graphics

If I download a movie will it work right? Then again, will I be able to stream it? I played a pretty decent clip with my pretty speedy cable modem once, and had no problems (ie. dropped frames, choppiness).

I'm going to try the free download right now and see if it looks good; but you never know with these companies that provide trials (because they might overly-mighty them just to sell their movies :wink: )

LOL, I just wish I didn't have that dead pixel :evil:

dmacburry2003
02-29-2004, 01:41 AM
It looks pretty good, even in full screen :D

PS: I can move the video to the side of the screen in regular mode so that it isn't over the dead pixel :lol:

JustinGTP
02-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Is that your only computer, your laptop right?

How is it working - and how good are the movies?

-Justin.

dmacburry2003
02-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Hmmm... It's not my only computer, but it is the only fast one, or the fastest :D I didn't download a movie yet, but like I said I played the four minute trial video and it looked pretty nice.

I'm going to get an account and I'll probably have downloaded a movie by wednesday.