View Full Version : help w/ IP address

sasquatchw/ppc
02-26-2004, 10:21 AM
I have heard that the IP starting w/ 169-254 is a bogus IP adress. I am getting that adress with almost all of my connections, and when I try to view a site w/ that adress I get the message "the page you are looking for cannmot be found". I have connected before, please help. Thanx alot.

gvanjr
02-26-2004, 12:02 PM
That IP address is what you receive when a 'windows type' device cannot/does not receive a DHCP assigned IP.

sasquatchw/ppc
02-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Is there anything I can do about it?

Steven Cedrone
02-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Assign a static IP address. Have you recently made any changes to your WAP? When you say you used to connect, were you able to consistantly connect without problems?

Steve

blot
03-05-2004, 05:37 PM
I have heard that the IP starting w/ 169-254 is a bogus IP adress. I am getting that adress with almost all of my connections, and when I try to view a site w/ that adress I get the message "the page you are looking for cannmot be found". I have connected before, please help. Thanx alot.
Did you, by any chance, apply the updated wifi driver from Toshiba UK? I seem to be having the same type of problem that you are, and it seems to have originated after installing the update.

victore
03-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Did you, by any chance, apply the updated wifi driver from Toshiba UK? I seem to be having the same type of problem that you are, and it seems to have originated after installing the update.

blot, which toshiba do you have? i have a e750 that originally had pocket pc 2002, but i recently upgraded it to windows mobile 2003. i wish i could say that solved ALL of my wifi problems, but i occasionally have to soft reset my device in order for it to correctly connect to ap's. i'm tempted to install the updated wifi driver from the tosh uk site, but not if it's going to make my pda worse.