View Full Version : Win free songs from iTunes when you buy a Pepsi (EVERY TIME!!!!!)

JackTheTripper
02-26-2004, 12:17 AM
After the Super Bowl, Mac fans everywhere went to their local convenience stores to look for the iTunes labeled Pepsi bottles. If your store was like mine, you probably went home empty handed. It takes a few weeks for new bottles to make it down the supply chain, but they are now finally at most stores. Read on to find out how to never get a bottle that doesn't win.

http://www.macmerc.com/news/archives/1270

PetiteFlower
02-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Something tells me posts like that(not yours, the guy you linked to) will kill these sorts of contests. Or the Pepsi gods will come up with better ways to hide the winners.

Anyway doesn't work if you're using a vending machine :) But if I win any I'll offer them up here since I don't use iTunes.

Janak Parekh
02-26-2004, 05:49 AM
I do use iTunes, but all the vending machines at work still have old Pepsi bottles :cry: It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

--janak

dmacburry2003
02-26-2004, 03:26 PM
I've done this five times already but will someone please tell me how I can transfer my newly bought (and protected) AAC files to my PPC as WMA???

Janak Parekh
02-26-2004, 04:39 PM
I've done this five times already but will someone please tell me how I can transfer my newly bought (and protected) AAC files to my PPC as WMA???
Burn a CD using iTunes, and then rip the result using Windows Media Player.

--janak

dmacburry2003
02-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Burn a CD using iTunes, and then rip the result using Windows Media Player.

--janak

I'm stuck at that. I have iTunes on a laptop without a CD burner, but I do have a CD burner on a desktop on the network running, unfortunately :( , Windows 98. So, it is impossible for me to activate that PC to burn the music.

I was looking for a way to perhaps transcode it. Thanks for the input though!

PetiteFlower
03-04-2004, 12:12 AM
I won today :) First person to PM me gets my code.

dmacburry2003
03-04-2004, 04:14 AM
LOL PetiteFlower, I was thinking about doing that, but then I realized with some... 15,000 people on Pocket PC Thoughts I would get about a thousand e-mails and would never be able to decide who sent first!!

I would suggest posting a couple of them, and whoever sees them first gets 'em.

baker
03-04-2004, 05:12 AM
Janak,
Thanks. I've got nine caps with codes but didn't want to download since I didn't think I could get them to play on Media Player. :oops:

Janak Parekh
03-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Thanks. I've got nine caps with codes but didn't want to download since I didn't think I could get them to play on Media Player. :oops:
Good for you! :) Where I am, the Pepsis' still have a blue cover. :roll: I suspect it's a vending machine-stocking phenomenon...

--janak

baker
03-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Just got my 10th this morning. The "cheating link" helped!

Jason Dunn
03-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Just got my 10th this morning. The "cheating link" helped!

Tsk, tsk...your mother wouldn't be proud of you!

JackTheTripper
03-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Posted this a long time ago but picked up my first one last night. I went out the other day and tried but was not successful, but with a little practice I got the hang of it.

Time to go stock up on about $40 worth of Pepsi. ;)

And if you happen to get one and don't want it feel free to PM it to me. 8)

PetiteFlower
03-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Winner chosen :) I only got 3 messages about it. They're timestamped so it's not like it's hard to tell who's first. If I get another, I'll do this again.

PetiteFlower
03-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Got another free song, first person to PM me gets it :)

PetiteFlower
03-13-2004, 03:01 AM
Winner chosen :)

Trimac20
03-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Hey Dmacburry2003, you don't have to burn files onto a CD to convert to WMA. Just get an APP such as WMA Workshop 2003 to convert files into WMA format. A good size is 64kps considering the limitations of Flash storage, yet retains a reasonable amount of quality. Then just copy it into a folder in the Pocket PC (via the 'Mobile Device' folder). Easy.

Janak Parekh
03-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Hey Dmacburry2003, you don't have to burn files onto a CD to convert to WMA. Just get an APP such as WMA Workshop 2003 to convert files into WMA format.
This won't work with DRM-protected AAC, though, which is what the iTunes Music Store produces. For that, you either need to tap output while you're playing music or burn a CD; the latter ends up being quite a bit easier. :)

--janak

p.s. 8,000th post. 8O

PetiteFlower
03-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Your PS made me check the member list--I'm now in the top 10 posters(#9) and only 2 of the people above me are not mods :) All that in a little over a year!

Man I really need to get a life.....

Janak Parekh
03-16-2004, 06:55 AM
Man I really need to get a life.....
Join the club. :lol:

--janak

dmacburry2003
03-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey Dmacburry2003, you don't have to burn files onto a CD to convert to WMA. Just get an APP such as WMA Workshop 2003 to convert files into WMA format.
This won't work with DRM-protected AAC, though, which is what the iTunes Music Store produces. For that, you either need to tap output while you're playing music or burn a CD; the latter ends up being quite a bit easier. :)

--janak

p.s. 8,000th post. 8O

I was just thinking about getting a double-headed cable and route it from the speaker to the mic, but that blurs the quality a lot sometimes and its hard to work with.

Replay Radio, anyone? :wink: