View Full Version : what ELSE do you do with your stylus?

sublime
02-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Apart from resetting and inputting, what do you use your stylus for. Come on, don't be embarassed to say.

I can't help but use it to scratch my head sometimes. Most of the times, though, when my cats see me using it, they think it's a toy, so I wave it around their face and let them lightly chew on it a bit. They never chew hard, so my stylus is still in tip top shape.

Most creative post wins a trip for two to Jamaica, well, not really...

powder2000
02-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I hate to say it but I've used it like a toothpick. :oops:

JonnoB
02-25-2004, 09:01 PM
I hate to say it but I've used it like a toothpick. :oops:

You must have some gaps between your teeth! Mine wouldn't fit.

I have used my stylus to scratch my back before... just in the center beyond the reach of my fingers.

Duncan
02-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Apart from resetting and inputting, what do you use your stylus for.

Apart from picking my nose, cleaning my ears and scraping off toe fungus? Nothing really...!

fivepetpalace
02-25-2004, 10:14 PM
It just might make a nice dart.

ironguy
02-25-2004, 10:37 PM
I've scratched myself in places... :oops:

The ear thing too... :oops:

Jacob
02-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I use two for chopsticks.

mountainguy
02-25-2004, 10:39 PM
It is amazingly useful during long and boring meetings to poke colleagues who are beginning to get the nods. The Ipaq point seems especially well suited for that purpose. Now I'm not sure what my work buds would say about that.
:wink:
Kenn

arnage2
02-25-2004, 11:02 PM
pick my nose

Pat Logsdon
02-25-2004, 11:03 PM
I play pool with balls of lint.

I say, "That lint off the stack of reports and into the coffee cup!"

And then I shoot the lint off the edge of my desk, because hey, it's lint - it's not like you can aim it properly or anything.

Oh, the fun I have.

dean_shan
02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
I'll play around with in in my fingers and somtimes hold it in my mouth. That's about it. Just fidget with it.

JonnoB
02-25-2004, 11:11 PM
I'll play around with in in my fingers and somtimes hold it in my mouth. That's about it. Just fidget with it.

I have seen people do that with pencils... ends up looking really bad having been chewed. What does your stylus look like?

dean_shan
02-25-2004, 11:26 PM

I have seen people do that with pencils... ends up looking really bad having been chewed. What does your stylus look like?

Not to bad, I don't accualy chew it. Mostly hold it with my lips.

Falstaff
02-25-2004, 11:32 PM
I'll hold it between my teeth and lips sometimes, I try to trwirl it with my fingers like I do with pens/pencils, but it's really too light and small.

Aerestis
02-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Mine is made out of metal so I like to see how warm I can get it, then touch my cheeks with it if I'm cold. Usually metal things that are warm feel pretty nice. I also use it to play the drums because it goes 'clink' on hard stuff. I mean table top percussion though, not real drums.

sublime
02-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Mine is made out of metal so I like to see how warm I can get it, then touch my cheeks with it if I'm cold. Usually metal things that are warm feel pretty nice. I also use it to play the drums because it goes 'clink' on hard stuff. I mean table top percussion though, not real drums.

This gets my vote for the best so far. I'm actually thinking about getting a metal stylus now because of it.

Great stuff

MagicConch
02-26-2004, 02:40 AM
I do the ear thing also :oops:

Jeff Rutledge
02-26-2004, 02:43 AM
I spin it back and forth on it's point against my fingertips. It leaves little "dots" on my fingers. No idea why really. Nervous habit I guess.

Zack Mahdavi
02-26-2004, 04:05 AM
I sometimes scratch my neck, back, and head with it. Hey, when it's in your hand, it's an inconvenience to put it down to scratch!

Mitch D
02-26-2004, 04:40 AM
Scratch body parts, tooth pick, poke people, I have been known to throw it at people when really annoyed.

Janak Parekh
02-26-2004, 05:52 AM
8O I'm never touching anyone else's stylus again! :lol:

--janak

Mitch D
02-26-2004, 06:10 AM
8O I'm never touching anyone else's stylus again! :lol:

--janak

:rofl:

Sure makes you think...

ctmagnus
02-26-2004, 06:27 AM
I gently poke the dog on the head with it. She makes a game out of it.

JustinGTP
02-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Heck, my dog doesn't want the stylus, he wants to play with the Pocket PC!

But I tap it on the desk (the stylus, not my dog :D), poke people, scratch my back.

Ok, the nose and ear thing is just gross!

-Justin.

rnuqui
02-26-2004, 06:42 AM
I use it to reset my desktop PC while the Pocket PC is sync'ing and recharging. It got to the point where I took my Pocket PC to the office, and when I wanted to use it, I couldn't find the stylus.

Nose and ear users: twirl a cotton at the tip, instant Q-Tip. I don't use it for that purpose though.

Aerestis
02-26-2004, 07:33 AM
I just used it to poke a hole in my juice, hehe. It was actually around ten minutes ago, but it just came to me now. You know how you have to punch a hole in juice boxes with straws? yeah, I always pull the straw off and goof around with it until I lose it, and end up squirting it into my mouth to drink it, and having to use my finger nail to open it. It's hard, because my nails are short. anyhow... styli can come in super handy. Sorry if I spelled that wrong. :wink:

bigkingfun
02-26-2004, 07:38 AM
I used mine once to poke into a jelly doughnut to see what flavour jelly was inside. Krispy Kreme just opened in my area yesterday, so I might be using it this way more often.

ale2999
02-26-2004, 07:57 AM
It's all about the ears lol :oops:

johncruise
02-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Stylus are useful during meetings. I use this to fiddle between fingers or to spin it around my thumb when listening to boring statements. Then I use it to tap on the table to annoy someone or to tell the chairman that meeting is overdue already. That always works you know. :D

Techtoys
02-26-2004, 09:22 AM
I use it for martial arts - attacking pressure points www.Kyusho.com. There are lots of places you can poke it if you are grappling with someone. Use the blunt end though 8O

Apart from that, I have 3 laying on my desk that practically everybody picks up and twirls - what part of evolution did that come from :?:

famousdavis
02-26-2004, 09:57 AM
8O This is just toooooooo weird of a thread! :roll:

syber3970
02-26-2004, 11:08 AM
well....u can use the stylus but palm's one LOL

bjornkeizers
02-26-2004, 11:27 AM
used it like a toothpick
(..)
I have used my stylus to scratch my back before... just in the center
(..)
beyond the reach of my fingers
(..)
The ear thing too
(..)
poke people
(..)
throw it at people when really annoyed

All of the above! If it's a hole - that thing is going in there, I tell ya! :lol:

scraping off toe fungus

Oh that's just nasty!!! I hope you use the blunt end, not the one you use on the SCREEN!!

Krispy Kreme just opened in my area yesterday, so I might be using it this way more often

"Hey! What flavor is this? Uh, Never mind, I'll stick my STYLUS in it and FIND OUT!"

*barf*

CopyCat
02-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Ok, I do the ear picking thing as well. Not the nose picking tho, you'd need a clamp or something at the tip to get things out don't you?

But since I have an antenna-style retracting stylus with my e800 I can make the ear-picking look really scary :twisted:

When I was younger I used to modify pens so they could launch the ink-holder with quite some force so they'd stick in the ceiling-plating. Would be nice if I could get my pocket pc to launch the stylus. Otherwise I won't have any use for my set of replacement styli anyway...

Ed Hansberry
02-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Good for getting in corners to remove all traces of belly button lint.

Doug Raeburn
02-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Good for getting in corners to remove all traces of belly button lint.

Oh, the agony of having a square belly button... :lol:

(Note to self... do NOT buy any used equipment from Duncan...) :pukeface:

bjornkeizers
02-26-2004, 02:59 PM
When I was younger I used to modify pens so they could launch the ink-holder with quite some force so they'd stick in the ceiling-plating. Would be nice if I could get my pocket pc to launch the stylus. Otherwise I won't have any use for my set of replacement styli anyway...

Obviously you've never used an Ipaq 3630 :D When mine was new it could launch a stylus from its silo like a gun! Nearly shot someones eye out a few times.. I could shoot it clear across the room! 8O

LucasMX
02-26-2004, 03:40 PM
I have to admit that last week I bought a set of extra stylii for my 3630.
I sold my 3630 about 6 months ago when I got my 2215.

I just missed to play with the stylus.

possmann
02-26-2004, 03:42 PM
You are all sick!

and so am I - :lol:

Although I've never launched my sytlus at anyone - for feer of not getting it back as it is so much more to me than just a input device :D

AndrewLubinus89
02-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I live in Istanbul, Turkey although I am an American.

Iznot Gold
02-26-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm just waiting for a post from some A&E medical department, saying how they had to remove a stylus from someone's.....(insert orifice of own choice).

David

JD Silver
02-26-2004, 04:13 PM
I use my styli as a pointer when debugging a student's program on their computer. It beats smudging up the screen on the student's computer, and I am ready to take notes on my PPC if I need to examine the problem in more detail in my office later.

When I am bored during meetings, I'll twirl the stylus like a baton to kill time and try to distract other attendees.

David Prahl
02-26-2004, 04:45 PM
I use mine to <gasp> tap the touchscreen on my Axim X5! 8O

I've honestly never cleaned my ears with it or anything like that. You guys are...different... :D

bljarv
02-26-2004, 05:07 PM
8O This is just toooooooo weird of a thread! :roll:
Agreed!!!!!

Jason Dunn
02-26-2004, 05:09 PM
I am never, ever going to ask to borrow someone's stylus again. 8O

Umm...wrong thread? :lol:

JonnoB
02-26-2004, 05:09 PM

Well, that just makes your use of the Stylus that much more interesting.

I am sure you meant to post in that other thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24790).

BugDude10
02-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Sometimes, when the voices inside my head get too loud, I put my stylus in my ear and tap it all the way in with the heel of my shoe. That usually shuts them up for awhile.

Deus
02-26-2004, 09:53 PM

I like cheese!

isilver
02-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Usually at my desk I can end up using it for a lot of reasons Mostly just to remove staples from paper. But it helps when I use a hole puncher and the holes are still in the paper.

I also have a dell computer at work chich has a cdrom where the eject button is broken so I may use the stylus to eject the cdrom. There are litterally a million and one uses for the stylus. This should be the way they advertise them when they sell them.

MPSmith
02-26-2004, 10:36 PM
I keep my 5455 next to my laptop at work. Once, without thinking, I tried to tap the screen of my laptop with my stylus...

Brilliant, huh? :roll:

MPSmith
02-26-2004, 10:39 PM
I am never, ever going to ask to borrow someone's stylus again. 8O

Umm...wrong thread? :lol:

Yes, try this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24790) :wink:

M@
02-26-2004, 10:45 PM
I occasionally try to write with it... on paper...

David Prahl
02-26-2004, 10:46 PM

I (often) start writing Grafiti characters on paper... :oops:

blot
02-26-2004, 11:02 PM
I use it to get food out of my braces...

http://www.blotink.com/blot.jpg

I must admit I've also used it for to massage my ear canals, it's quite relaxing.

Dazbot
02-27-2004, 12:17 AM
Sometimes, when the voices inside my head get too loud, I put my stylus in my ear and tap it all the way in with the heel of my shoe. That usually shuts them up for awhile.

:rofl: :rotfl:

ctmagnus
02-27-2004, 12:23 AM
Krispy Kreme just opened in my area yesterday

OMG! :drool: I can't wait until the Calgary location opens! On the other hand, we're getting a Tim Horton's here in the next few months.

JustinGTP
02-27-2004, 03:00 AM

OMG! :drool: I can't wait until the Calgary location opens! On the other hand, we're getting a Tim Horton's here in the next few months.

Think of all the fat you don't need. But Doughnuts are good anyways, think of the competition between Tim Hortons and Krispy Kreme - the doughnut prices are going to be going so LOW!

Doughnuts for everyone!!

-Justin.

emtopp
02-27-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm usually quite busy losing my stylus under the front seat as my husband drive 225 kph on the German autobahn. Then, when I'm done, I lose HIS for good measure.

Em :twisted:

PocketPCfun
02-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Truly! I usually try to write and even to sign with it :wink:

dmy
02-27-2004, 05:22 PM

Feh,
Until you've had a Stan's Award Winning Doughnut you haven't had a doughnut..... You'd never, ever, ever bother with a wimpy little flavorless Krispy Kreme again.

Several years ago someone recognized Jennifer Montana there in line while I was there.... apparently the person who normally picked them up for the SF 49ers for their Friday-before-home-game ritual doughnut was sick and she got tapped to drive to get them.

mmMMMmmMMmm..... it's 8:20 Friday morning.... maybe it's time for a drive to Stan's. :dilemma: (anyone in Silicon Valley who wants directions, drop me a PM).

D.

Jeff Rutledge
02-27-2004, 05:29 PM

Where? When? This is bad news (but in such a good way)...8)

sublime
02-27-2004, 06:34 PM
I use my Krispy Kreme doughnuts to pick my nose and scrape off my toenail fungus. And, omg, they're opening a stylus store in my area!

Doug Raeburn
02-27-2004, 07:14 PM
I use my Krispy Kreme doughnuts to pick my nose and scrape off my toenail fungus. And, omg, they're opening a stylus store in my area!

Just when I thought that this thread couldn't become more repulsive... 8O

Thanks for that fine mental image... :lol:

ctmagnus
02-28-2004, 12:20 AM

March 30, Sunridge Mall. Info here (http://www.krispykreme.com/storeopenings.html). :ninja:

Mitch D
02-28-2004, 01:30 AM

The scary part of them opening is I drive by it's location everyday on the way to work. It is located at the southend of Sunridge Mall's parking lot JR.

Chafic
02-28-2004, 07:41 PM
It is saturday 12:30 something and I am at work. You guys gave me some good laughs that I really needed. I am all alone in huge building. That bit about the square belly button was hillarious.

JustinGTP
02-28-2004, 10:28 PM
March 30, Sunridge Mall. Info here (http://www.krispykreme.com/storeopenings.html). :ninja:

No!!! Sunridge Mall is SOOO far away from my house, where do you guys all live?!

-Justin.