View Full Version : Deleting/wiping program for Pocket PC similar to Norton's Wipe Info?

Mexico
02-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Hello, people. I was wondering if anybody knows of a program to completely wipe a file from either internal memory or storage card in an easy way, a la Norton's Wipe Info.

Some times I carry sensitive files on my storage cards, and simply deleting the file doesn't guarantee it's actually gone (I've been able to recuperate pictures after formating an SD Card, for instance).

Thanks for your help.

Manuel

Jacob
02-25-2004, 06:46 PM
I can't think of any app that does what you're looking for, but I was thinking that if you can't find that, you might just consider getting an encryption app to encrypt the sensitive files.

That way, even though they might not be gone after deleted, the image of the file left on the storage card would be encrypted.

Just another option.

Mexico
03-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Jacob. I actually use the encryption in Resco File Explorer. The problem is that Resco seems to encrypt a copy of the file, not the file itself, and then delete the original file, which could be potentially undeleted. I'll find out more directly with Resco to see if this is the case.
Thanks for your help!

Manuel