View Full Version : HELP! - Accessing Corporate Mail (Exchange) through VPN

beto
02-25-2004, 03:40 PM
I currently have a PPC2002 (Toshiba e740) and would like to know if I can access my corporate mail (Exchange server) via the built-in VPN client in PPC2002. I can connect via GPRS to the VPN, however I don't know how to access the email. If I setup a new email service I need to choose POP3 or IMAP, but I don't know how to set it up for Exchange server. :oops:

Can I do that with PPC2002? If that is the case, please give me some advice.

If I can not do it with PPC2002, would PPC2003 do it?

Please let me know.

PR.
02-25-2004, 05:43 PM
This is dependant on how the exchange server is setup. I have used IMAP4 when asked for the incomming and outgoing servers use your mailservers name and use your login details as the U/N P/W and domain.

You can then synchronise your email, to make available emails when you are offline you need to go to Tools > Manage Folders and select which folders you wish to see.

NOTE: That this does depend on if your Admin allows use of the IMAP Protocol, if it doesn't work then your stuck with using ActiveSync when you are at your desk, unless the Admin has the Remote ActiveSync installed.

Best thing really is sto consult your admin to find out what you can and can't use...

Good luck :)

beto
02-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info