View Full Version : Broken display on iPAQ 2215... now what?

Mark_Venture
02-25-2004, 05:15 AM
:cry:

Well, I got my iPAQ last July and other than the grips falling apart, I've had no troubles, until this morning that is....

I heard a strange noise while taping on the screen of my iPAQ this morning. By the end of the day, my screen was a spiderweb crack :cry:

I called HP, but not sure they will cover under warranty. Ok, from dealing with many laptops at work, I know displays don't usually crack from "normal" use, that is why I am unsure what will happen. But mine is from normal use. Honest!

So they are sending me a box. Person told me if its not covered, they will call me with estimate to fix.

Anyone have any idea what it will cost if not covered? or any way to help prove I did not "abuse" my ipaq?

If not covered, is it worth having it fixed? or better to buy a new one?

ctmagnus
02-25-2004, 05:59 AM
I had a cracked screen on my 3670 that was under a CarePaq (aka extended, next business day exchange) warranty. I explained to the rep (I believe his name was Jason) who contacted me regarding the crack that it happened entirely on its own and I did nothing to cause it, and I didn't get dinged for the damages. However, ymmv.

knapp666
02-25-2004, 12:31 PM
hey

verify your warranty on http://parts.hp.com.

the 2210 has 1 year pick up and repair warranty.

Make a call to HP-Support, UPS will come and pick up your 2210. After round about one week you will get it back. :mrgreen:

Mark_Venture
02-26-2004, 12:21 AM
well.. airborne picked the box with my iPAQ in it up today.... So now we'll just have to wait and see...