View Full Version : New information about the iPAQ 6000

Ryan Joseph
02-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Okay, everyone, I have new information to report about the upcoming iPAQ 6000. I talked to an HP representative at a recent technology expo and he confirmed that the device is, indeed, being released this summer. (!!!!)

He said that it was supposed to be released last summer but there were issues with the battery. Basicly, he said that they had to find a way to prevent the PIM and software information from being lost if the battery went dead from heavy phone use. Now that they've found a way around that problem, it's only a matter of time.

I approached him and asked if he could tell me anything about the new iPAQ coming out. In a sort of sing-song voice, he answered: "Which one?"
I said the iPAQ 6000 and added that I'd read some information about it on the Internet and seen some unoficial pictures.

In the same voice, he said: "What do you know?"
I sumarized what I'd heard, including the BT/WiFi/GSM ability, and he said: "Well, there's some truth to those rumors, but that's all I can say."

Then, in a kind of "just between you and me" way, he told me that it is coming out in the summer and explained about the battery.

He wouldn't tell me anything about the design (keyboard or not; size; etc).

But at least we have some official confirmation about it's eventual release. :)