View Full Version : ANOTHER Milk Topic - How do you make your chocolate milk?

GoldKey
02-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Since we are into milk here, I want to see how everyone makes the beverage of the gods. CHOCOLATE MILK :drool:

I use 2%, and add a combination of Hershey's Syrup and Ovaltine Chocolate Malt powder. With ovaltine you need to put the powder in the cup and then add the milk for best results. I then stir with a spoon.

Pat Logsdon
02-24-2004, 08:31 PM
4 (four) heaping tablespoons of Nestle Nesquik powder + 2% milk.

The above mixture is even better as hot chocolate, with one large marshmallow floating on top.

Optional: Fireplace, rainy day.

Required: Vigorous post-consumption toothbrushing to prevent tooth decay. :mrgreen:

buckyg
02-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Start stirring the milk, squeeze Hershey's syrup in until it's reached the desired level of chocolaticity. Make sure you stir the bottom so a layer of syrup isn't stuck there.

Trying other folks' recipes here might be a good experiment for me, too...

Sven Johannsen
02-25-2004, 04:08 AM
I feed the cows Hershey bars.

ironguy
02-25-2004, 05:33 PM
How does a brown cow eat green grass and make white milk?

I don't drink chocolate milk, but my daughter does. She puts the milk, non-fat, in a glass, then adds chocolate syrup until she gets about 1/2 inch in te bottom of the glass. She stirs it mildy and drinks it. Of course there's a ton of syrup left in the bottom which she then gulps down!

famousdavis
02-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Me?

I just go to Wizard's Ice Cream -- a nearby mom-n-pop shoppe -- and order myself a "world-famous" chocolate protein energy shake. I used to get it with a raw egg, but with all the bad press on eating raw eggs nowadays, I just stick with the protein powder, chocolate ice cream and milk (whole milk, too!).

yslee
02-25-2004, 06:24 PM
I buy it right off the shelf. =P

JustinGTP
02-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Yep, I by it off the shelf, it's always has more chocolate flavour than NesQuick can ever provide, and we get it in 4L jugs :D

-Justin.

Pat Logsdon
02-26-2004, 07:36 AM
it's always has more chocolate flavour than NesQuick can ever provide, and we get it in 4L jugs :D
FOUR tablespoons, friend. FOUR. HEAPING Tablespoons. And if you don't mix it thoroughly, you get a nice chocolately layer of tasty grit at the bottom.

Pre-mixed chocolate milk? Pfffft. :wink:

Godsongz
02-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Pre-mixed chocolate milk? Pfffft. :wink:

of course! to go with your pre-mixed peanut butter & jelly in the same jar! :) Thats one I could never understand.

Steven Cedrone
02-26-2004, 05:17 PM
The only pre-mixed chocolate milk I'll drink: Yoo-Hoo (http://www.drinkyoo-hoo.com/)! I love Yoo-Hoo! :wink:

Steve

dmy
02-26-2004, 05:23 PM
My young nephew's tried and true Chocolate milk recipe:
1. Take bite of good quality chocolate bar, chew till throughly masticated.
2. Without swallowing, take a swig of milk.
3. Shwish, gargle, and make otherwise obnoxious noises to mix the contents of your mouth.
4. Enjoy!

:shocked!:

D. <- Very glad he gave up dairy years ago after experiencing his nephew making chocolate milk one early morning.

yslee
02-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh yes, speaking of which.. MILO DINOSAUR!!!!!!! =D~~~~~~~~~~ Ah, haven't had that in a while, need to get my nose bleeding again.. ;)

GoldKey
02-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh yes, speaking of which.. MILO DINOSAUR!!!!!!! =D~~~~~~~~~~ Ah, haven't had that in a while, need to get my nose bleeding again.. ;)

:?:

ctmagnus
03-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Again, :?: Please do tell.

funny how this came up in a search for why my LED was blinking green when I turned the unit off.

Edit: is the above line really, really fuzzy on anyone elses's monitor?

Oliver Mitchell
03-12-2004, 02:08 PM
my best is get a big bar of galaxy ≈ 0.75kg place in a pan add half a pint of double cream and another half pint of semi skimmed milk, melt chocolate into milk/cream, pour into cup an liberally sprinkle with marshmallows, then drink and feel sick for the rest of the day

Trimac20
03-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I like pure melted chocolate. All you need is a family-sized block of chocolate, a microwave and a mug to put it in. Put the chocolate into the microwave and cook for 1 minute on high. Pour the half melted, partially burnt mixture into the mug and gulp down. You'll be overwhelmed by the thick sweetness and scalding composition of the drink. Hmm, hmm :-)./

yslee
03-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Take Milo, keep mixing it until you can't dissolve any more, then dunk a huge heap on the top, serve cold.

Iain51
03-12-2004, 04:08 PM
How do you make your chocolate milk?

I don't.

Now, have you ever seen a more constructive and useful first post??? :roll: :twisted: :lol:

Iain