View Full Version : 5455: WiFi connection to different AP causes previous settings to broke?

lanwarrior
02-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Hi All,

I have successfully setup my 5450 to do WiFi syncing with my laptop and it has been as such for the last 6 months. Today, I was attempting to connect to T-Mobile HotSpot and I was able to get connection.

When I get home, I tried to do WiFi syncing and it no longer work! After checking the Network Settings, I found out that the 5455 is still connected to the T-Mobile network (?). The green led was on, indicating it found connection.

Since I am home, I switch the WiFi to connect to my home AP, but it no longer able to. As a matter of fact, it no longer able to obtain IP via DHCP. I removed the T-Mobile AP from the Network Card settings, soft reset my iPAQ, reboot my AP, but to no avail.

After I took off the battery and put it back in, then the 5455 now able to get IP from my home AP and WiFi syncing works again.

Is it me or is the WiFi switching-implementation (if this is the right term) in the 5455 is broken, in that it is unable to switch back to its old AP connection when that old AP is within the WiFi range?

It seems to me that it's very troublesome ot take out the battery of my iPAQ 5455 everytime I switch AP. FYI, I WILL be switching AP here and there between my home, office, T-Mobile Hotspot and friends place.