View Full Version : Streaming audio on a pocket pc question.

jcsickz
02-24-2004, 03:41 AM
I'd love to have launch.com streaming audio in my car. can I stream through my t-mobile pocket pc? after that I would get an fm modulator to have it play in my car.

can someone please test this for me?

Zack Mahdavi
02-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure if you'lll be able to play Launch.com radio. Is there a way with Launch to play the radio outside of a browser window and just in a media player such as WMP?

If you'd like to listen to radio, I suggest you download PocketMVP and then get your radio stations off of shoutcast.com

I listen to music through my iPaq via WiFi and my T-Mobile / SE T610 with bluetooth. Sometimes with the cell phone, the music will get dropped for a few seconds, but it generally always comes back. It's like having XM for free!

jcsickz
02-25-2004, 01:52 AM
no I guess there is no way to listen to launch without using their flashy little java app. NetFront browser looks like it supports both java and flash so I'll try that one too. Launch is my favorite radio station but I guess I could settle for shoutcast if it streamed properly over gprs. Oh yeah and I dont think the t-mobile ppc supports bluetooth or wi-fi... will I be ok?

PetiteFlower
02-25-2004, 07:38 PM
I tried streaming over gprs and it didn't work because of the nature of the connection you get from Sprint(my service), it's not a steady connection, it connects when it needs to send stuff and then disconnects, then reconnects when the next request is sent, etc. So streaming just did not work at all. T Mobile might be better. I used GS Player to connect to streaming sites, though I have no idea how, it was a long time ago that I tried it.