View Full Version : What the ....

dcmorris
02-24-2004, 01:06 AM
I have an AXIM X5, had it since they first came out. Have used a SanDisk 256mb CF card and SanDisk 256mb SD card since new. Up until 2 weeks ago I had the SD card filled with wac files and had various software on the CF card. Never had any problems.
Then I deleted the music and put some large, up to 6.5 MB pocket streets maps on the SD card and added Pocket Streets, Pocket Stars and PC15C ( an HP15C emeulator) on the CF card.
I started having problems real soon. First and mostly the screen would freeze, Then sometimes jut have a mind of it's own and finally wouldn't sync any more.
i updated the ROM to A02, ditched the cards and everything seemed to be going OK. When I reinserted the SD card even before I tried to access any of the maps the same thing started again.

Any ideas. It seems easy to blame the SD card but it worked woth no problem for two years..

Also, after doing a hard reset, I get an error when I sync saying that my device name is already in use. I seem to remember there is a solution for this, but can't find a reference to it. Any help there?

Thanks in advance.

Don

Janak Parekh
02-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Re the card: if you have a desktop reader, insert it in there and run Scandisk/CHKDSK on it.

Re ActiveSync, go to File => Delete Partnership so you can eliminate it before establishing a new one (which you need to do as a result of the hard reset).

--janak

PetiteFlower
02-25-2004, 08:23 PM
I'd suspect one of the new programs first, personally.

Pat Logsdon
02-25-2004, 08:33 PM
After being burned twice by Sandisk (and rebranded Sandisk), I'd suspect the card. You can probably determine if it IS the card by checking out this site (http://sdprob.aximsite.com/).

You can use the link at the top of the main page to open an RMA with Sandisk to get a replacement.

vodochic
06-11-2006, 05:19 PM
It's not a software in particular or a brand or memory card and this is why I know. I've had the same problem with my axim and I have a collection or different cards of different brands and the same thing keeps happening to me...even if I get rid of all the added software and do a hard reset. My screen will start responding funny at times... like I hit on the right side or the top of the screen but no matter where, the left side menu always pops up...and I can try and hit something on the menu and it responds as though I hit the menu again. No matter where I put the stylus, it acts like I did it on the top left side. Or I can use transcribers and when I hit parts of the screen, it acts like I hit the left side only. Hard to explain but it's screwy. So I do soft resets and sometimes it's fine again and sometimes not. And alot of times if I try to sync it the PC won't respond...unless it's fully charged and they usually it will but not always. After a soft reset with or without memory cards, it may act fine for a few minutes and then back to screwy. I have NO IDEA WHY THIS IS HAPPENING :bad-words: but I can say I'm not very happy with my Axim as I've had this problem almst from day 1! Anyone else having simular problems? Anyone else know a fix? I'm ready to give up and go back to my Ipaq I never had any problems with! :multi:

vodochic
06-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Whenever my screen started acting like this I could use the buttons without any difficulty...other than their limitations to navigate. Now I have gone and don't a reset and I am stuck in the aliegn your screen and it just keeps looping on this screen rather than proceeding to the welcome screen. Any help here greatly appreciated and I did remove the screen protector and clean the screnn including under the edges.

Sven Johannsen
06-11-2006, 10:19 PM
but I can say I'm not very happy with my Axim as I've had this problem almst from day 1! Anyone else having simular problems? Anyone else know a fix?:
Yea, send it back. Might be to late for you, don't know how long you have put up with it. My wife had similar screen registration issues, called Dell, explained the issue, they overnighted her a new one. Probably two years ago, no issues since. You can't pry this one from her, where the first one almost went through the window. When you try to keep your cost as low as possible, because that's what the buying public cares about, you wind up with cheaper parts and get a lemon now and again. In all my dealings with Dell though they have been super about making it right.