View Full Version : Where is the contacts file?

Whisper
02-23-2004, 09:29 PM
Every now and then I get a problem with synching between the PC and my 3970. I've experienced this before with my Psion and the 3750 I had before. I can only imagine that having 3,500 contacts and synching most days must inevitably throw up a problem sooner or later, either with Outlook or the pocket PC. Last time I had to export my database from Outlook, wipe everything, use Excel to edit out the errors, delete duplicate entries and unfathomable results of stirring all my data in one big pot and start again from scratch. I didn't enjoy it. Is there some way of getting hold of the data file from the Pocket PC and backing it up seperately? On the psion it was quite easy as there was a file called contacts and I could copy that regularly so if the synch software got confused I didn't have to work hard to recover everything. I can't find anything that looks like a contacts or appointments file on the iPaq.

I also have a strange problem with the SD card. One day, a while back and for no particular reason I can find, pocket pc apps (excel, word etc) stopped seeing files on the SD card. Explorer can see them, clicking on a file from explorer opens the app and all the data is there but they aren't on the list of files in app. New files created after this happened and saved to the SD card are visible from the application but not the old ones even when they're edited and saved. I can only get at them through explorer.

I had hoped to be able to move all my outlook data onto the SD card so it's safe as it's too big for the filestore. Is this possible, assuming I can find a file to move?

Living in hope that a day will go by when i don't have to soft reset to unlock the machine.