View Full Version : Problems with e405

Stephen
02-23-2004, 07:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I just recently bought the Toshiba e405 for Circuit City(my first PDA ever). I have encountered 4 problems already.

1) I installed ActiveSync 3.7 on my PC that came with the CD. Guess what, it cannot find my PDA after I connected the cable. So I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded their latest ActiveSync 3.7.1, installed, and that works okay.

2) Then I bought a new Sandisk SD card. Popped in the slot, but no SD card found from the file explorer. SD card is working fine with my card reader. I did a hard reset and SD card slot is there again. Manual didn't say much about using SD card. Don't know why this happen??

3) I bought the Belkin screen protector made specially for e405. Applied the first one and that worked great. But when I removed that protector to apply for the second one, the freaken thing stick so tightly to the screen that it was pulling the PDA screen while trying to remove it. After I reapplied a new one, tapping on PDA screen no longer work. Removing Belkin screen protector probably damaged the PDA screen. Freaken SCARY!! Good thing my purchase is still within the 14 day period, and I went back to store and exchange for the new one. Don't know what will happen if I start to replace screen protector on the new one. ???

4) I reloaded all my personal data from PC onto the new PDA. This time, the file explorer has a problem, I cannot tap on the drop down to list folder. No function seems to work in the file explorer. I have to hard reset and that work fine after.

I finally decided to buy the 2 year extended protection plan from Ciruit City afterward. These are some of the problems I encountered. I am wondering if it is with PocketPC 2003, Toshiba e405, or just plain me? Please make comments and share your experience using this model (e405). Thanks.

-sdai.